Dartsclearance Tungsten Darts 21g review
Here is a short review of the Dartsclearance Tungsten Darts 21g.

These darts are literally nonames sold by Dartsclearance on Ebay for extremely low-priced £11.99.
The offer was gone for some time but reappeared and I impulsively bought them when “2 available” was shown and now disappeared again.

I still love my van der Voort 23g darts but had sometimes the feeling that a lighter dart could suit me better.
This is a bit amusing, because not long ago my preferences were 24g/25g barrels.

Since I really did not want to buy expensive darts just to try a lighter weight these darts seemed to be a good match for my new preferences: a thin straight barrel with a good grip.

Included are tweenie white nylon stems, 3 Pentathlon flights and an extra pack of Dartscleareance flights.

[Image: 7zjZng2.jpg]

Optics

This is a straight slim design with a grip pattern over the complete barrel.
Nothing fancy, no colors, just an old-fashioned tungsten barrel with a ring grip.
The front nose is nearly flat, together with the ring grip without smooth parts they resemble a bit James Wade darts.

[Image: Obs7V59.jpg]

[Image: hwrcrut.jpg]

Dimensions / Weight / Balance

21g  49 mm x 6.3 mm  90% Tungsten

My caliper shows a width of 6.35 mm and a length of 49.25 mm.

Their weight shows as 20.8.g / 20.8g / 20.7g on my scale.
The barrels are drilled out about 14.6 mm.
The silver points have a visible 26 mm length.

The barrel is slightly front loaded balanced.

Grip / Throw / Grouping

[Image: VgwzgLu.jpg] 

The barrel features a ring grip with varying groove and ring width and depth.
The grip level is higher on the parts with wider groves.
The edges do not feel excessive sharp but give you a little bite on the fingers.

I give the darts a finger friendly high medium-grip level rating of 7 of 10 if you place your fingers on the wide grooves section.

When throwing I did not discovered any negative sides, they fly as they should.
You could easily fit ten of these needles in the treble 20.

[Image: gLTHP5I.jpg]

Summary

Looks:  6 – a very basic plain tungsten dart
Grip: 7
Weight Match:  8 – very good
Quality: 8 - 90% Tungsten, perfect processing but very slippery silver points
Value: 10 – one of the cheapest offers on the market (don’t forget to roughen the points)
Suitability for me: 7

I have to say that the mounted silver points are terrible.
After a few throws I roughened the points else I could watch them slowly drop out of the board.

My gut feeling wasn't completely wrong. Meanwhile I throw better with lighter darts but a weight of 21g feels too light.

These darts fly well, but I really miss the square grip feeling of the van der Voort or the Quadrant darts.
I became addicted to the lateral cuts and particularly the vertical stabilization between my fingers so a simple ring grip feels like something is missing.
At the moment I suppose I would love a continuous knurl grip more. Blush

Everyone who loves light and thin barrels with a good normal ring grip will also like these darts, but it could be that I bought one of the last sets. Big Grin

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!
I have these and they are very Wade like just shorter. Amazing value as usual from Darts Clearance
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Thanks for the review.  Added to Reviewed Darts Index as Darts Clearance Generic Ring Grip 21g. Smile
Great review, there are some really good, inexpensive darts coming out of Darts Clearance!
B: 23g   S: Medium   F: Standard   180s: 1/25

The Bad Darter
Thanks for the review - another great value barrel from Darts Clearance
Nice review.
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
Thanks to all who liked this short review Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Pentathlon 001 (DartsClearance) Review atison 21 2,611 03-13-2020, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Cloud 9
  XQMax MVG Original Style 18G, 90% Tungsten Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 27 3,649 01-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: John Weita
  Datadart Sawtooth 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 44 10,397 01-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: robi10
  Datadart’s Pro-Ti 26gr 90% Titanium Coating Tungsten Darts Review copigme 23 5,961 11-24-2019, 05:42 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Harrows Plexus 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 20 3,109 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Mckicks Premium Gold Titanium 24gr 95% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 46 6,475 06-05-2019, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  Bull's Justin van Tergouw 4.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 94 9,182 04-26-2019, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Calvinize
  Unicorn, RVB Phase 5, World Champion, 18G, 90% Tungsten, Soft Tip Review Ehudakineyah 6 1,759 02-28-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  DPC Level 5 24gram 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 43 10,135 02-25-2019, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Rollback
  Bull's Max "Maximiser" Hopp Max90 2.0 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 51 7,409 02-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Last Post: neil_kman