Do you notice a “best” dart out of the 3 you throw?
Wink 
For the past month or so, in practice ,
I have been able to throw my first dart and hit my target (t20) practically every time , regardless of darts...

The following two darts are not as accurate.

Im am not sure what enables this, perhaps the longer gaze at my target and the repeated motion of stepping To oche, aiming, drawing and throwing - follow - through.

Followed by dropping my arm and feeding following darts. Perhaps my arm is over stretched from the first throw.

I have tried slowing down and repeating the motion of the first dart. Which does not work anymore , as I used it as a tactic early on.

It does Seem backwards as most will throw the first dart As a gauge for the following two.

Which I do myself . 

But this whole first dart thing being my most accurate shot has thrown me for a loop.

You would think that if you are throwing with all your kinks worked out, you would naturally have your best shot on your 2nd or 3rd..

Does anyone else notice getting lucky with the first dart and pegging(lol*) your target?

I’m sure there is plenty of valid reasons .

But I’m hoping to replicate that first throw.
ITs got me thinking that my eyesight is good, and my hand eye coordination is good , and then I over think. (Silent killer)

This is all mostly practice query’s.
I don't do pegging but otherwise my story is very similar. 1st dart is usually better and I believe it's down to that mental preparation before walking to the oche, followed by a bit more attention on aiming the dart given its the first. When I find my scores degrading it's typically improved by slowing down by backswing and taking better aim
I get a lot of third dart tons. Pity I couldn’t throw my third dart first.....
often my first dart is in T20, after that its downhill lol
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I think for alot if the first darts go in, you try harder to put 2 & 3 in too, which leads to thinking to much, pushing to hard, maybe throwing a bit harder instead of just throwing
If I hit my mark first dart and want to do it again I don't take much time to think it over but just follow my throw. When playing Cricket and needing the triples if I miss one I throw to another then go back to the one I missed. Sometimes it helps me. The first dart is really the one I want to mark though if it goes in with a rapid second and third dart.
I think Crusher17 hit the nail on the head, at least in my case.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(03-06-2020, 04:54 AM)Gooddark Wrote: For the past mont or so, in practice ,
I have been able to throw my first dart and hit my target (t20) practically every time , regardless of darts...

The following two darts are not as accurate.

Im am not sure what enables this, perhaps the longer gaze at my target and the repeated motion of stepping To oche, aiming, drawin and throwing ,
Followed by dropping my arm and feeding following darts. Perhaps my arm is over stretched from the first throw.

I have tried slowing down and repeating the motion of the first dart.

It does Seem backwards as most will throw the first dart Asmara a gauge for the following two.

Which I do myself . 

But this whole first dart thing being my most accurate shot has thrown me for a loop.

You would think that if you are throwing with all your kinks worked out, you would naturally have your best shot a shot a set the 2nd or 3rd..

Does anyone else notice getting lucky with the first dart and pegging your target?

I’m sure there is plenty of valid reasons .

But I’m hoping to replicate that first throw.
ITs got me thinking that my eyesight is good, and my hand eye coordination is good , and then I over think. (Silent killer)

This is all mostly practice query’s.

My worst dart, seems to be mostly the last one I throw (more often than not).

Say hypothetically I was aiming for treble 20 (I tend to hit the target once out of the three) its usually one of the first two darts that hits it and for some reason my last dart is usually a bit off target (although I dont know why).
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
(03-06-2020, 08:27 AM)Phil McKeown Wrote: I don't do pegging but otherwise my story is very similar. 1st dart is usually better and I believe it's down to that mental preparation before walking to the oche, followed by a bit more attention on aiming the dart given its the first. When I find my scores degrading it's typically improved by slowing down by backswing and taking better aim

Pegging,lol..not playing crib are we haha, not sure why I used that word.

Glad you got past it and offered a very valuable reply . Thank you. That make the most sense to me, about allowing yourself to prepare for that first dart.

And everyone else also has great replys...they are all relevant to each of us. . For a while I would throw the first and hope the second and third followed and they did, but now im getting a few drifters....

It’s coming down to patience, I see a huge difference when I take my time and aim. It’s  almost as if I’ve become impatient,and like crusher said you throw harder almost .

Thanks
Think crusher is bang on..... but is strange because if you hit t20 first dart it also takes the pressure off as you know you gonna get half decent score and should be able to be aggressive and attack the treble with the next 2 darts...... but as Said sometimes in your head you see 140 s and 180 s all of sudden and tense up!!!.... it’s the paradox of the game we all love but also drives us all bloody mad !!!
My third dart usually stinks it up a bit...
I think I need 4 darts, so when I throwing my 3rd dart I am still holding one in my hand... has anyone tried it?   Curious if it would help.
Levonster  Out! 
I am an equal opportunities thrower, and allow all three darts to be equally bad Smile
B: 23g   S: Medium   F: Standard   180s: 1/25

The Bad Darter
My first or second, but not both, are usually my best throws. Never my 3rd one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart throw change Hertzz 5 356 04-19-2019, 02:34 PM
Last Post: ks99dime
  What Dart Shape and weight for my throw style and grip? hawk45 7 686 01-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  My dart throw [Video] uzdu 1 356 03-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Swiiiitch
  RE: How to throw darts that hit lower portion of the dart board Dumbeedum 12 2,352 09-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Dartbuggy
  Help with dart weight and throw Joey88 10 1,576 02-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Last Post: AD18
  How to throw a straighter dart: Strategy perspective BigE 3 1,268 12-01-2015, 04:28 AM
Last Post: Banz
  My Throw, Dart placement NylonRaider 24 7,414 02-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Last Post: slot