Harrows flights and sizing
Hello Nutz

ive been using harrows retina standards lately and really liking them, however i am the sort of person that wont settle until ive tried different shapes.

are harrows flights the industry shape and sizes or are they their own version of them?
what im saying is what manufacturer is the true standard for standards and kites and pears etc
Current set up
Winmau Navigator 3 23g dart barrels 
Harrows supergrip medium stems
Harrows standard no.6 Flights
Kites and pears I believe are pretty similar over the manufacturers, but actual standard size aren't.

As far as I am concerned true standard size are the larger version - what Harrows call standard size Target call them No 6, and the soft tip manufacturers like Cosmo and L-Style call them Shape.
So a harrows kite would be same as anyone elses but the harrows standard are smaller than red dragon or winmau?
Current set up
I don't use them but I believe the kite flights are the same size - but yes, Harrows standards are smaller than the RD and Winmau standards
It's for this reason I like the Harrows Retina. I think they are smaller.
Ayup comrades

Imo Harrows marathon or similar are the best flights on the market, standard standards ie winmau Amazon et al are to big a surface area.

Shed.
Thanks chaps
Current set up
(01-26-2020, 03:23 PM)B2B180 Wrote: So a harrows kite would be same as anyone elses but the harrows standard are smaller than red dragon or winmau?

Pretty much.  I learned the hardway what red dragon standards are.   Ordered 2 packs of 25 each when I first got started.  They are huge   Harrows or No. 6 for me
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Match darts - XQMax MVG Gen II  23g, XQMax MVG GenII 20g Soft by Custom Darts

Bottlesen GT's 24g, Bottlesen GT’s 24g 1980 model, Bottlesen 20g GT Soft, Harrows Pulse 24g, 

Blade 5 DC, Nexus 

180's: Yes

'Standard' is generally known as 'No.2'. The slightly narrower version is called 'No.6'. Harrows (I think) default standard is the smaller No.6. I say 'think' because I've had their Marathons and Retinas and they are definitely No.6.

Slight frustration is when flights are mis-labelled. I recently ordered some of these

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=15320

,thinking they were No.2 standards as I wanted to try them. When they arrived, I could see that they were No.6 and were marked as such on the back of the packet too. I can now tell the difference from the pictures alone when ordering, so watch out for possible wrong descriptions.

I'm not sure there is that big a difference in performance between No.2 & No.6 standards, I just use No.6 due to the slightly smaller size.
Unicorn plus standard are also similar to harrows standard. Their big wing are basically no.2
Darts:  22g Legend Darts Eric Bristow Black
Shafts: Medium Nylon
Flights: Standard Shape 

[Image: op13lZ6.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HARROWS RETINA FLIGHTS PREACHERMAN 15 994 04-01-2020, 02:50 AM
Last Post: CantstopDarting
  Harrows Dart Flights DAVEISTHENAME 13 899 03-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Target make a new flight......by using the best bits from Harrows flights rich345 17 4,563 04-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Last Post: ThemadhooseDBL1
  More new Harrows flights... Retina these look good rich345 15 9,163 01-09-2016, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Butkus