R.I.P. Terry Jones
Just saw that he passed away yesterday...Rest in peace... Think the heaven is funnier now
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
R.I.P Terry...
Saw this on another site I visit. Seems Jones had been suffering from a very aggressive form of dementia for a few years and it had gotten so bad of late that it even robbed him of his ability to speak.

He's now the 2nd member of that famed Troupe to pass away and made it to age 77. Graham Chapman, another of the original members of the cast of Monty Python passed away at age 48 from cancer.

RIP Terry Jones
gumbo2176
This makes me feel very sad. As a kid, my friends and I would spend entire weekends alternating between playing D&D and guffawing uncontrollably at Monty Python sketches. The news of his passing makes me feel old.
RIP Terry.
(01-22-2020, 03:50 PM)Zero Wrote: This makes me feel very sad.  As a kid, my friends and I would spend entire weekends alternating between playing D&D and guffawing uncontrollably at Monty Python sketches. The news of his passing makes me feel old.

I was a teen when they started out and watching their Flying Circus episodes on the local PBS station was a must for me.      Some of the sketches were flat out silly, but many were comedic genius and it was my first real exposure to British comedy, which I've grown to love over the years.

Let's face it, we're all getting older.     Cleese is now 80, Gilliam is 79 and Palin and Idle are both 76.
gumbo2176
That just breaks my heart to hear that. Terry Jones was an amazing writer, director in his own right, and those sketches. Crunchy Frog, Spam, Mr. Creosote.

We'll miss him. May he rest easy.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
Loved everything the pythons have done,
ripping Yarns,Fawlty Towers
R.I.P Terry
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (short)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Chris Dobey Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
(01-22-2020, 04:28 PM)LethalEagle Wrote: That just breaks my heart to hear that. Terry Jones was an amazing writer, director in his own right, and those sketches. Crunchy Frog, Spam, Mr. Creosote.

Oh man...You are right, he was Mr.Creosote...Now I'm even sadder than before.
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
(01-22-2020, 04:40 PM)theblindPew Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 04:28 PM)LethalEagle Wrote: That just breaks my heart to hear that. Terry Jones was an amazing writer, director in his own right, and those sketches. Crunchy Frog, Spam, Mr. Creosote.

Oh man...You are right, he was Mr.Creosote...Now I'm even sadder than before.
Its ok mate. We're all in collective mourning. Its gonna be a tough time to get past it but, least we're all here together to say our prayers to him.

Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
R.I.P. Terry.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
RIP Mr Jones. Dementia is a horrible nightmare of a disease, and watching people slowly go downhill is heartbreaking.

On the live show with Graham Norton around 2013 he was having trouble with his words even then, maybe the first signs of it.
Sad news.
R.I.P. Terry

And now for something completely different...
Ayup comrades

RIP Terry
& now for something completely different!
Wasn't a Python watcher, but he assisted in making people laugh throughout the world.

R.I.P.
[Image: 46x5vi.jpg]