Problems again...
Hi Nutz!I must ask if you can help me...I have long arm and when i pull arm back before my throw my darts flight take little "touch" to my shoulder or my shirts collar...I try to get my move little shorter but I dont know how to get it shorter...They say that long arms are good in the darts but I dont agree that...can you help me?(sorry my english but hope you understand what i try to write/tell)
"THE WILD DART" and you never know where is the next dart... argh
Hi, without seeing your throw its difficult to advise. Are you pulling your arm back that far because you feel you need that much pull back in order to get the dart to the board, especially the higher parts of the board? If so I'd recommend making sure you have a good follow through as stopping your follow through short may mean you are losing power. As i say, without seeing your throw its difficult to advise.
(01-06-2020, 10:23 PM)5or1 Wrote: Hi, without seeing your throw its difficult to advise. Are you pulling your arm back that far because you feel you need that much pull back in order to get the dart to the board, especially the higher parts of the board? If so I'd recommend making sure you have a good follow through as stopping your follow through short may mean you are losing power. As i say, without seeing your throw its difficult to advise.

Maybe I feel just like you say...but it feels naturally (is it a word?) when i do that...but maybe it is just in my head...maybe i must just put dart up front of eye (like Andersson) and try to throw there...i dont know...i wonder if there some tips about throw because i really like to be better of darts...
Without seeing only guess work from what you say but..... have your elbow higher up so when you draw back the dart is coming back to your face/eye line so will avoid your shoulder and shirt and will be better for you to sight/aim the dart
Hope that helps
(01-07-2020, 07:22 AM)Papa w Wrote: Without seeing only guess work from what you say but..... have your elbow higher up so when you draw back the dart is coming back to your face/eye line so will avoid your shoulder and shirt and will be better for you to sight/aim the dart
Hope that helps

Thanks for tips...hope i get soon time to go and test your tips...Thanks Nutz!
As for throw of a dart I just feel you cant tell someone how to throw a dart as we all have our own unique way we throw

and feel comfortable with in how we throw a dart ..and so u throw a dart in how u feel comfy with is for you

As for flight of a dart hitting against your shirt collar id advise u wear a t shirt or purchase a dart shirt/s

as although dart shirts have the collar they lay flat against you and don't stick out so as to have a darts flight put u off in you throw .
My flight can sometimes skim the bottom of my glasses, am also left eye dominant but the darts go from my right eye and I line up in the middle. My brain figures it all out.
Don't overthink....its the quickest way to ruin your game.
(01-10-2020, 02:11 PM)GONKO Wrote: My flight can sometimes skim the bottom of my glasses, am also left eye dominant but the darts go from my right eye and I line up in the middle. My brain figures it all out.
Don't overthink....its the quickest way to ruin your game.

GONKO, sounds like what you are saying is that you throw across your face from right to left. I am right eye dominant and I throw from my left eye ( that doesn't work) across my face from left to right and someone told me that was wrong and it's been bad ever since. Just recently started playing again and man it's tough and frustrating but like you stated at the end of your post don't overthink it and I know I am.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stance problems Troll 0 81 01-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Troll
  A lot of problems B3NC4V3 2 328 02-20-2018, 01:20 AM
Last Post: B3NC4V3
  Stance problems Troll 9 3,024 01-30-2018, 04:27 AM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Problems with aiming Stefan Gusko 11 1,500 01-30-2018, 04:13 AM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Help!! :) Problems with posts Matjes 2 357 05-09-2017, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Matjes