Fingers wrapped around point
Hi everyone 

Am trying to not do this but can’t seem to help it.... definitely can’t help my throw. Why am I doing this? Kind of gripping the point

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Also here is a video from today. As before my follow through isn’t right despite me trying to follow through properly. Hmm. Very Inconsistent https://youtu.be/fLPfc2l21ng
The most obvious would be your last dart where your arm come across your body, the first two don’t seem too bad, but then again I don’t know how you normally throw.

Why not try grabbing an extra set or two and continue throwing, I find this helpful when I’m trying to get my rhythm back.
May help you finish your last shot as well.
Just a thought

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 14
2020 - 1

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
(01-02-2020, 09:00 PM)Ed180 Wrote: Also here is a video from today. As before my follow through isn’t right despite me trying to follow through properly. Hmm. Very  Inconsistent https://youtu.be/fLPfc2l21ng

Ed180

Despite your self-assessment , I see a Tidy looking Toss.

Good video ! 

You must have had considerable success with this current grip which has your fingers positioned on the point?
by the look of your refined stance and throw , it was not formed over night!

I would not let your fingers wander too far if you are considering a change, I have no other advice other than keep on chuckin..
Icon_sunny
Thanks gooddark! Yes have been playing for a while now, just a little frustrated with throw at the moment. Fraser- good idea on throwing lots of darts I will try that
One question- do you all throw other your thumbs underneath or at the side of the barrel?
With
A lot of pros have a finger or 2 lying on the point to stabilise it.
(01-02-2020, 10:30 PM)Ed180 Wrote: One question- do you all throw other your thumbs underneath or at the side of the barrel?

I throw with thumb along the side, but everyone will have a ‘natural’ position.
Jamie Lewis for instance is underneath with his thumb pointing back towards him.
Dancing Dimitri I believe has a finger underneath supporting the point, all unique same as yours.

I find I’m best when I don’t even think about my grip which would suggest my natural grip works best for me.

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 14
2020 - 1

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
(01-02-2020, 10:30 PM)Ed180 Wrote: One question- do you all throw other your thumbs underneath or at the side of the barrel?

I throw right handed, my thumb is pinching the barrel bottom left area, underneath and the side . rolling the barrel from the side of barrel to the underneath until I get a good feel of traction.
I’m not sure if holding the barrel naturally with finger and thumb kind of either side or putting my thumb underneath the barrel like in the pic is better
Grip

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grips,fingers or pads Baloos 15 890 03-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Fingers all point to the right at the end of my throw Robert Booth 15 620 01-17-2018, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Great White North
Sad Overactive fingers Duradrinx 3 452 08-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Duradrinx