2020 Ladbrokes Masters
Sheesh, after like 12 legs going with the darts, there's finally a break.
Wow.

That 171 from Peter poured the pressure on Smith.
Smith buckled again missing three match darts. What a surprise! I'm starting to doubt he'll ever win a major. He just buckles every time he's close.

Congrats to Peter! Very well played. Really hope for his sake he won't get bored of these darts Tongue
(02-02-2020, 11:25 PM)YoungStarDC Wrote: Smith buckled again missing three match darts. What a surprise! I'm starting to doubt he'll ever win a major. He just buckles every time he's close.

Congrats to Peter! Very well played. Really hope for his sake he won't get bored of these darts Tongue

Not sure "buckled" is the word I'd use after Smith fought hard just to send it to a last leg decider.
Each to their own.
(02-02-2020, 11:29 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 11:25 PM)YoungStarDC Wrote: Smith buckled again missing three match darts. What a surprise! I'm starting to doubt he'll ever win a major. He just buckles every time he's close.

Not sure "buckled" is the word I'd use after Smith fought hard just to send it to a last leg decider.
Each to their own.
I don’t think he buckled, he couldn’t have picked a worse time to miss after playing so well to get to 9-9 though. Gut wrenching for him and massive relief for Peter but the 171 surely helped.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average

Not too long ago, there was a guy called "Peter Wright". People also said he would never win a major, he would always buckle, when he got close.

You know how this ended?
[Image: NSnrkBi.png]

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(02-02-2020, 11:37 PM)vanJupp Wrote:

Not too long ago, there was a guy called "Peter Wright". People also said he would never win a major, he would always buckle, when he got close.

You know how this ended?

I know, but I had zero doubt for Wright. Either way, to each their own. I just think he won't do it, atleast not anytime soon. And I also do think that opening a final leg with 180 and 140 and then not managing to finish it off is buckling.

I do hope Smith proves me wrong. I've got absolutely nothing against him and I would be happy if he won.  Smile
Snakey the best player at this moment? And Bully Boy - oh, deary me!
[Image: 46x5vi.jpg]
(02-03-2020, 12:06 AM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Snakey the best player at this moment? And Bully Boy - oh, deary me!

I do think so! I am very interested in his match against MvG in the premier league though. MvG usually comes out guns blazing against someone he recently lost a match to. However, with his new darts and it being a short format, he might not be able to. Would be something to see him lose two in a row to Snakebite.
Amazing line up of darts!  Great matches to watch!!! I have 5 matches to catch up on that I’m intersted in...i guess the masters is over w.

Was it Wright and Smith in the final ? No spoiler for me yet.
Mr Wright has nearly beaten himself again, but fortunately Mr Smith helped him a lot not to.. It was a nice and exciting finals anyway!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 Ladbrokes UK Open mc1958 145 4,345 03-09-2020, 10:50 PM
Last Post: derryfilm
  2019 Ladbrokes Players Championship Finals mc1958 66 2,816 11-25-2019, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Grahamwffc
  Ladbrokes World Series Finals discussion mc1958 73 9,162 11-07-2017, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Banz
  2016 Ladbrokes Sydney Darts Masters mc1958 28 5,299 08-21-2016, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Swiiiitch