Playing terribly on soft tip board
Hi Was at a Friends for new year and we were playing soft tip darts. Normally I play ‘normal’ darts. He beat me on almost every game and we were only playing single out! Darts were just going all over the place. What on Earth happened? Has anyone else had this kind of thing? It just feels like a different game- lighter darts, millions of bounce outs etc etc. Have got to say I only like playing on decent boards and (this is not an excuse) this was a cheap board. Hmmm. Happy new year everyone!!
Hey Ed.

It could be not being use to the light darts or the board itself. What type of board was it you were playing with? And what darts were they? House darts?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
Michael smith I think 18gram was cheap €30 board from aldi
Ooph. Well I wouldn't say that board is cheap but...I've faced worst boards before.

I guess the weight difference is key. Also bear in mind the oche distance is slightly longer for soft tip compared to steel as well.

(01-01-2020, 03:47 PM)LethalEagle Wrote: Ooph. Well I wouldn't say that board is cheap but...I've faced worst boards before.

I guess the weight difference is key. Also bear in mind the oche distance is slightly longer for soft tip compared to steel as well.

Ed being in Europe the distance would be the same as steel.
Asia/North America it's at 8 foot.
Yeah we used the normal Oche length for europe
Ooh. That's something new for me. Thanks guys! All I can think of is the dart then lol

I’m not sure. The cold can’t help with darts surely; and dry skin ant be good either. Sometimes I can play brilliantly other times.... it just doesn’t happen
Shocked 
(01-01-2020, 05:15 PM)Ed180 Wrote: Yeah we used the normal Oche length for europe

Interesting.  Guess that means for online matches we aren't playing the same game then Smile
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Match darts - XQMax MVG Gen II  23g, XQMax MVG GenII 20g Soft by Custom Darts

Bottlesen GT's 24g, Bottlesen GT’s 24g 1980 model, Bottlesen 20g GT Soft, Harrows Pulse 24g, 
Blade 5 DC

180's: Yes
Best finish: 129 ( 19, T20, B) Pro-Darter
Depends on which board you’re using?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playing on your own v Playing against an opponent Dan180 6 285 02-09-2019, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Dan180
  playing soft and steel tip mrglou 8 1,581 01-27-2015, 07:13 AM
Last Post: mrglou