Dart ‘flicking’ out of hand
Need a bit of help: darts are often not releasing properly and landing a foot or so from my hand! Not quite sure what’s going on but obviously I’m not releasing properly. Sometimes I think my little finger is in the way? Also: what counts as a throw and what counts as a dropped dart, rules-wise?
Thanks 
Ed
try changing up your grip there are several guides on here, really depends on who you are playing with as far as the rule. We have a girl in our league who was in some sort of accident and sometimes she loses the grip on her dart so we give her a pass and let her rethrow but I am pretty sure any forward motion over the line technically counts
Target Daytona Fire GT10 18g Soft Tip Darts
Ton80 Count-7
Started playing 9/15/18
Poor girl. Good that you help her out. Don’t want to sound like a dope but could you point me towards these guides you mentioned? I had a search but couldn’t find what I wanted? Cheers
(12-17-2019, 12:53 AM)Ed180 Wrote: Poor girl.  Good that you help her out. Don’t want to sound like a dope but could you point me towards these guides you mentioned? I had a search but couldn’t find what I wanted? Cheers

Think the reference might be to # 4 in the Beginner's Guide - https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=34012

For more results, try this Google search.

cheers...
"what counts as a throw and what counts as a dropped dart, rules-wise?"

Basically, if you make an intentional forward motion toward the board, that counts as a throw. If you're familiar with American football, it's very much like the determination of whether the quarterback made a forward pass or fumbled the ball.
Thanks nixer. Sadly I’m not familiar with American football (not much watched in the uk, even though it’s getting more popular) but I understand what you mean bkbum

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dart point stabbing my hand Craddyson 1 219 01-07-2018, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Doubledouble
  Flicking darts spamboy21 8 1,753 04-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: TNSIN
  Cricket w/ 1 dart in your hand ? 181-3dartout 22 3,672 01-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Chardotz