Dutch Open no longer BDO ranked
Thought I'd make this a new thread instead of adding it to the BDO Worlds one.

Following the recent insane letter from the BDO about charging number of entrants and the prize fund in exchange for BDO points, it would seem the Dutch have taken the stance that from the 2020 Dutch Open will no longer have BDO ranking points attached to it:

https://www.dutchopendarts.nl/en/event/d...z2DuCSyExI

The Dutch Open is one of the largest (if not the largest) Opens in the World.  Way to go Des, well done!!!!!
Wow... great way to alienate your allies indeed. The doomsday clock of the BDO is striking midnight any minute now.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
Well it seems another letter has been issued by the BDO earlier this afternoon/evening basically saying the charge for points will not apply for anything counting towards the 2019/20 season ranking tables.

So this means the Dutch Open could now reinstate the points for this year - but part of me hopes they stick by their decision not to have them.

As an aside it seems there is some sort of meeting in Amsterdam between the WDF and other member countries on Monday, and one of the things on the agenda will be the WDF holding their own World Championship in Holland in December 2020.
As sad as it is for the history of darts, the sooner the BDO dies the better it will be for amateur darts (hoping that the WDF does a proper job).
Proud user of Voks MMA 22g darts - for more info on them see Getagrip's review.
This is just a farce. 3 Worlds next year, that will be great, not
Mack The Knife
You can't even be sure that the BDO will be able to go through with the current one.. so most likely we'll have just two worlds, pros and amateurs.
Proud user of Voks MMA 22g darts - for more info on them see Getagrip's review.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 Bauhaus Dutch Open mc1958 8 323 01-27-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  2019 Bauhaus Dutch Open mc1958 34 1,714 02-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  2018 Bauhaus Dutch Open mc1958 12 1,514 02-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Ryk
  Bauhaus Dutch Open 2017 mc1958 16 3,295 02-05-2017, 08:24 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish