Super cool video on darts being machined!
I found a super cool, informative YouTube video series by ADES WORKSHOP. It’s a small one man workshop channel but he’s very skilled and his videos are pretty interesting. (If your a nerd like me)

His friend lost 2 barrels of his favorite darts, so ADES takes a set of 80% tungsten 30gm harrows assassin darts and machines them to the exact specs of his friends dart, to make a new set for him.
Its cool to see how much work and measuring and double checking, and triple checking goes into making a set of darts! 

I had a blast watching these 2 videos, figured I’d share with the community nerds like me.

(Ps. For those who are weary of some links, (like me) just go to his channel “Ades workshop” and go down to his videos from 9 months ago. The video title is “custom made darts part 1”, and then the next video above it is part two)

Part: 1
https://youtu.be/XiPP8bDEcxQ

Part: 2
https://youtu.be/9S3h2XfEj8g
 ✯✯✯Mac-Attack99✯✯✯
༺Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I. no.5 soft tips༻
༺Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout༻
༺Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons༻
2019 180’s: 10/12
2019 Hat: 154/130
Favorite player: Jelle Klaasen
Nice find! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I really enjoyed watching them .... thanks for sharing.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Cool videos Smile

I know an engineer that got metal shards in his eye, didn't enjoy it.

Bloke should wear goggles over his glasses.
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
Great watch!

So much skill involved, seeing this you can understand why some custom darts makers are far better than others. Makes me appreciate Eddie at Elven darts even more!
Just a thought that popped into my head watching this:

Obviously Target, Harrows, Unicorn, et al aren't mass manufacturing darts like this because of course it would be far too slow and darts would cost hundreds, maybe thousands of pounds!

Would I be crazy to assume that the pro player actual match darts are single run machined?!
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
(11-30-2019, 06:51 PM)jt4527 Wrote: Just a thought that popped into my head watching this:

Obviously Target, Harrows, Unicorn, et al aren't mass manufacturing darts like this because of course it would be far too slow and darts would cost hundreds, maybe thousands of pounds!

Would I be crazy to assume that the pro player actual match darts are single run machined?!

CNC machined , then closely scrutinized and touched up by a machinist.
Once they have the program and tool selection set, mass produced to sell to the masses (less scrutiny on these sets).

Add his labour/overhead and cost of the dart material and most of us could not afford the price of these darts he made for his friend.
This guy is an artist and truly loves to create.

Thanks for the great video.
Had been looking around for pricing on tungsten billets, but this is a great way to go if you can find a cheap dart with some extra ‘meat’ on it and customize yourself.

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 12

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
(11-30-2019, 06:51 PM)jt4527 Wrote: Just a thought that popped into my head watching this:

Nothing against computerized machining equipment, but If it was me, I’d rather have hand made darts, especially if the machinist takes pride in his work! 
because us humans are quite amazing when we put all of our passion and mind to something!
 ✯✯✯Mac-Attack99✯✯✯
༺Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I. no.5 soft tips༻
༺Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout༻
༺Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons༻
2019 180’s: 10/12
2019 Hat: 154/130
Favorite player: Jelle Klaasen
watched part 1 will watch the second later, nice links, thanks.
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current throwing weights of 18 to 24 grams.

Current darts set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name) darts with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.
Thanks for the links, I enjoyed watching the videos.

Thanks for posting a link to those videos! Love watching the "how it's made" type videos. I've got a set of darts that I want to see if a machinist can tweak them a little to remove some weight, so it definitely piqued my interest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool looking dartboard mc1958 6 904 11-30-2019, 09:44 PM
Last Post: BDG
  Interest in cool Darts Designs? An Dre As 2 334 06-26-2018, 02:41 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
Video My 60 Sec Darts Score Challenge video Getagrip 22 2,727 04-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Dartslive Super Darts 2018 Special Invitations Arkatek 7 1,002 01-25-2018, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Arkatek
  Cuesoul Dragon darts cool 3d animation Getagrip 5 738 10-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Cool Garage Find Red'75™ 9 942 04-17-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Shed inn
  Target Cool Play Shirts Titan 22 4,267 01-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Last Post: elevendarter