Harrows Apex Points
Hello everybody,

I think that the new tips of Harrows look very smart. So I did it and immediately ordered several sets of each black variety. You want stocks ...

So said done.

Now the first attempt: Harrows Apex Saber points in 26mm in black. In Harrows Tungsten Infinity, earnings -> point too thin, does not fit in the dart, falls out.

Second try: Harrows Apex Saber points in 26mm in black. in Harrows Predator, earnings -> point too thin, does not fit in the dart, falls out.

Third try: Harrows Apex Saber points in 26mm in black. in Harrows ancient dart, result -> point too thin, does not fit in the dart, falls out.

What can I say, the same result with the Apex Ridge Black points in 26mm

and

The same result with the Apex Lance black points in 26mm

My conclusion:

The tips have been manufactured with too much manufacturing tolerance. Out of 18 tips, 2 were made so they only sat 1mm in the fit.

Therefore -> scrap!

The only good thing is that the dealer I bought them immediately sent me a return slip within 30 minutes of writing it and promised me the refund, even though I had already taken the tips out of the box.

Clearly, the dealer has responded first-class, but Harrows a lousy quality control.

The tip in the picture below can easily be pulled out of the barrel by hand.

Just let you know ...

Confused
Thanks for the info. Did you only try the Apex version ? I was thinking of ordering a set of the non-Apex Lance points.
I just tried the Apex version.
@xtra:
Thanks for the info.
I have one question: Had target storm points been used in the darts before and you replaced them with the Apex?
Was the initial post created in MS Word or another program first before posting in here as the font is a tad big?

As an aside, Cateye raises a good question - if Target Storms were used in the darts before you tried repointing them with the Apex points then that could explain why they are loose. Target Storms tend to make the holes a little larger making repointing using other points difficult without using a dab of superglue.
(11-21-2019, 12:08 PM)Cateye Wrote: @xtra:
Thanks for the info.
I have one question: Had target storm points been used in the darts before and you replaced them with the Apex?

@Cateye,

No, there were the original points in the Wolfram infinity and the Predators. They have never been changed before. The set of old Harrows darts I used as third try I am quite sure that there were no other points than Harrows inside, but I can´t be 100% sure, because of the age of the darts.  
(11-21-2019, 12:29 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Was the initial post created in MS Word or another program first before posting in here as the font is a tad big?

As an aside, Cateye raises a good question - if Target Storms were used in the darts before you tried repointing them with the Apex points then that could explain why they are loose.  Target Storms tend to make the holes a little larger making repointing using other points difficult without using a dab of superglue.

@mc1958 
You are right, I wrote the post in pages before, and unfortunately I wasn´t able to change the size with the Editor of the posting. Or maybe I did wrong. So sorry for that. I don´t wanted to write that big. I know about the size of Target points. And I can tell yiu, in the Wolfram Infinity and the predator Dart there where the original points inside and never changed before. 

I think a dab of superglue is not enough to fix them. They were so loose
Oh, seems to be a good idea to wait a little longer before trying the apex points.
Think there's some good discussion points hidden in that post, but many won't bother to read it. The formatting is just too screwed up, which takes away from the message.

Have a look at # 15 in the Forum Guides for help.  Seems you're struggling with pictures as well.  Plenty of useful info on that as well, but some forum features won't kick in until you have 5 posts:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33726

cheers...
I have 3 sets fitted in Harrows, Cosmo and Mission darts. 8 of the 9 were fine but 1 of them did need a bit of loctite to stay in securely.

Edit: as I've mentioned elsewhere I also had problems repointing the black ones as the Designa repointer took all the black paint off the raised bits
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
It is not uncommon to need locktight or something like it to keep points in. once points have been added and removed from darts the point hole grows by a micron or so. Some points are wider than others and will widen the hole just slightly. I am not sure Harrows can be to blame for this (but who knows). Harrows quality control in the past has been tops.
I have the Lances in my cart for my next order to try, wondering if I should bother or not.
One person has had issues, hardly time to sell all stock in Harrows and melt your darts down.
B: 25g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
(11-21-2019, 04:53 PM)codo180 Wrote: I have the Lances in my cart for my next order to try, wondering if I should bother or not.

I'm very happy with my silver ones, they look great, grip the board well and i haven't noticed any damage to the board.  Get a bit of loctite and if the points are a bit too slim for the barrel - bonus you don't even have to use the repointer Big Grin
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
Sorry, I see it a little bit different. When I buy a origin spare Part, I have the expectation that it fits without any glue.
Kinda why i stay away from first run on new designed points

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Apex Points Strength Demo Getagrip 15 304 7 hours ago
Last Post: elevendarter