Pear/teardrop/oversize pears Flights
is there any difference?
Darts: 23 gram Shot! Silver Surfer
Flights: LStyle Small Standard Pro
Shafts: LStyle carbon 260 - Gomu
Yeah. More stability, imperceptible slowing, very slightly more deflection but like the speed, that is also hardly noticeable, unless you throw lighter than say 20 g. It's more a "feeling" thing.

I uses to cut mine undersized but got curious. Now i love slightly oversized hybrid pears i cut from standards.
I don't think there is anything 'natural' about throwing darts. A person does not naturally stand sideways, with weight more on one leg, lean forward and swing to launch a projectile repeatedly, day in, day out as part of daily routine. One does not even throw a rock or ball that way.    ~ With darts, everything has to be learnt, and refined.  Wink

What is NATURAL? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and trying to learn! So I can fool around with loads of set-ups and techniques! Lol! Big Grin
If you mean size wise then pear and teardrop are the same thing, and oversized pears are a couple of mm's larger than normal pears
I use Oversized pears atm. I love the way it flies and enters the board. It has more loft for my darts. When I use normal pears, it tends to land like Phil Taylor's darts, dead straight and allows for stacking. Oversized has that arch and lands angled, which I'm liking a lot atm.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
Appreciate the replies. They are all helpful. I guess what I’m really looking for is the size difference. I can’t find much on “oversized” other than a few sets from unicorn or harrows I believe.
(11-21-2019, 01:28 PM)Jacob Schaeffer Wrote: Appreciate the replies. They are all helpful. I guess what I’m really looking for is the size difference. I can’t find much on “oversized” other than a few sets from unicorn or harrows I believe.

As I put in my reply a couple of posts up, oversized pears are just a couple of mm's larger than normal pear/teardrop flights - not sure if Unicorn or Harrows make them, but Red Dragon and Winmau do though
I only get the oversized from Winmau.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
(11-21-2019, 01:40 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 01:28 PM)Jacob Schaeffer Wrote: Appreciate the replies. They are all helpful. I guess what I’m really looking for is the size difference. I can’t find much on “oversized” other than a few sets from unicorn or harrows I believe.

As I put in my reply a couple of posts up, oversized pears are just a couple of mm's larger than normal pear/teardrop flights - not sure if Unicorn or Harrows make them, but Red Dragon and Winmau do though

I see that now. Must have missed it. So probably not much noticeable difference. I tried to check manufacturer specs but came up empty handed. Trying to purchase a few but will take weeks and I’ll probably lose interest by then. Hahaha
Are the Beatons the only oversize pear Winmau offering?
(01-19-2020, 06:23 AM)Tgstan Wrote: Are the Beatons the only oversize pear Winmau offering?
No there are black ones to, simply search the rd size, keyword "over sized"

Gesendet von meinem moto x4 mit Tapatalk