My collection
So I have now amassed a collection of over 40 sets of darts and I have decided to put them on here for your viewing pleasure.

First up Simon Whitlock 22g

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

As you can see (and most likely know) these are for the most part a tapered style dart. With a scallop sitting almost central on the barrel.

In front of the scallop there are three "banks" of a sharp ring grip which is relatively grippy and behind the scallop is a rather grippy section of shark grip.

All of this grip is almost superfluous to me as i hold the dart with my thumb and forefinger on the scallop as seen below. With one of the banks of grip acting as a reference for my middle finger.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Overall I like these darts a fair bit and they are actually the darts I had my first league win with just under 2 years ago.

Overall I rate them a 6.5/10 for suitability to me.

I recommend these to anyone who wants to try a tapered or more uniquely shaped dart.

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing the pics and showing us your grip. I always liked the Whitlocks and now the new ones have got my interest pegged on the want to buy meter.
(11-06-2019, 09:32 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterDo it! I love my urban Whitlocks with a crazy setup (pic below) and get a lot of comments in league games with the way they hang off the board!

The special edition are lovely, too! [IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(11-06-2019, 09:32 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterYeah i agree. The new models are beauties mate.

Moved to the "Show Us" room, as not a dart review.  At least in the usual sense. Smile
(11-06-2019, 09:46 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterThank you. I hastily selected review from the list.

I'm guessing he tried the 23g Red Dragon Screaming Eagles as they look exactly the same - got a set of those in the collection somewhere
Modified amberjack 14: 19 Grams

I bought these from a forum member who had removed the paint, had extra grip added to the front, and had them drilled out to 19g.

This leads to a rather different dart from the originals, add to that some storm surge points and we have quite the unique set here.

All in all the grip level up front is pretty high and the rest is medium but very comfortable.

Here is my grip with these darts (excuse the work dirt).

As you can see I grip rather near the front here, probably due to the centre of gravity being further forward. I would rate these 6/10 for their suitability to me.

My darts so far. The set on the far left must be approx 40 yeats old. Also got Taylor gen 5 9five which are my current fav's

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)