Mace interview on BDO
Has anyone seen this, he doesn't hold back but nails the issues in the BDO, but it look like despite what was said the current chairman will proceed.
Mack The Knife
Mason gives a lot of interviews, just about anyone who'll listen really. To which do you refer?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...OD4xbU2nov
Mack The Knife
(11-05-2019, 07:33 PM)Mack Wrote: Has anyone seen this, he doesn't hold back but nails the issues in the BDO, but it look like despite what was said the current chairman will proceed.

Presumably this is the interview where he describes the BDO as 'inept'?
Mason obviously has some personal issues with the BDO,he's like a dog with a bone but in the final analysis what does it have to do with him?He's got his feet well under the PDC table after a fairly mediocre career as a player and now presents himself as some kind of authority even though he admits he couldn't "run a bath".
The BDO need to resolve their own problems and retain their independence,it's obvious that the PDC would love to take them over and effectively monopolise darts which I don't see as a good thing,the BDO needs to be non-commercial and a governing body for ordinary darts players who wish to compete at different levels.
Mason contradicts himself on virtually every topic other than the BDO.
On Leighton Bennett he claims the BDO missed an opportunity for publicity by not picking him for the Grand Slam then agrees with Steve Brown's comments on giving him more time to develop and mature.
On crowd issues he likens the abuse Gerwyn Price received to racial abuse which is pretty serious yet the PDC do nothing to control the morons in the crowd because Mason says they want a party atmosphere not boring "like it was in the 80's".
Reminds me of that line about someone asking how they knew someone else was telling lies;
"Because his lips were moving ..."
Even a stopped clock is correct twice a day.
[Image: 5GPKrWp.png]

B: 23g   S: Short   F: No.6   180s: 2/25
It was a Interview he was asked questions and he answered, he commentates BDO & PDC also talks to alot of the players so he has every right to give his opinion on Darts, i agree with alot of points he made, he also answered about all the BDO rumors that everyone else has heard, he can also have an opinion on something and see someone elses point on Bennett in the Grand Slam, thats the problem with people today they think there point only matters, what he suppose to do in the interview ? sugar coat it not to offend anyone ?
(11-11-2019, 07:16 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: It was a Interview he was asked questions and he answered, he commentates BDO & PDC also talks to alot of the players so he has every right to give his opinion on Darts, i agree with alot of points he made, he also answered about all the BDO rumors that everyone else has heard, he can also have an opinion on something and see someone elses point on  Bennett in the Grand Slam, thats the problem with people today they think there point only matters, what he suppose to do in the interview ? sugar coat it not to offend anyone ?

There is such a thing as professional courtesy which means you don't take every opportunity to slag off someone in the same business,Mason has nothing positive to say about the BDO,he slags them off for not selecting Bennett,without knowing what their reasons were yet validates the PDC stance,can't you see the contradiction there?
He doesn't have access to the inner workings of the BDO so how are his opinions valuable when they are nothing more than supposition and rumour?
Similarly with crowd issues,he talks nonsense,it was not boring in the 80's it was fantastic,there were great players who were intensely competitive but generally the crowds gave them the best of order while throwing because they wanted to see a proper match.
It's not a party atmosphere when drunks are yelling abuse and spilling beer over people who have paid serious money for their tickets.
Do you believe the questions were off the cuff and Mason answered spontaneously?
The Q&A is obviously scripted to allow him free rein on his mission to slag off the BDO.
(11-11-2019, 11:03 PM)eyorkie Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 07:16 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: It was a Interview he was asked questions and he answered, he commentates BDO & PDC also talks to alot of the players so he has every right to give his opinion on Darts, i agree with alot of points he made, he also answered about all the BDO rumors that everyone else has heard, he can also have an opinion on something and see someone elses point on  Bennett in the Grand Slam, thats the problem with people today they think there point only matters, what he suppose to do in the interview ? sugar coat it not to offend anyone ?

There is such a thing as professional courtesy which means you don't take every opportunity to slag off someone in the same business,Mason has nothing positive to say about the BDO,he slags them off for not selecting Bennett,without knowing what their reasons were yet validates the PDC stance,can't you see the contradiction there?
He doesn't have access to the inner workings of the BDO so how are his opinions valuable when they are nothing more than supposition and rumour?
Similarly with crowd issues,he talks nonsense,it was not boring in the 80's it was fantastic,there were great players who were intensely competitive but generally the crowds gave them the best of order while throwing because they wanted to see a proper match.
It's not a party atmosphere when drunks are yelling abuse and spilling beer over people who have paid serious money for their tickets.
Do you believe the questions were off the cuff and Mason answered spontaneously?
The Q&A is obviously scripted to allow him free rein on his mission to slag off the BDO.
You seem to have a major problem with Mason, as you only wanna address him not any of the points he made, he said stuff about both the BDO & PDC, being at the tournaments & talking to player he wouldn't get any of the inner workings ??? of course he would, what he said about BDO events is true they think it's still 1980's small hall & smokey atmophere, he's saying they need to change so there still is a BDO, i like BDO but it's not hard to see it's a sinking ship, you can be a loyal BDO fan all you want but at some point you have to open your eyes
What are you talking about?I have addressed three stand out issues and I'm not oblivious to the problems that plague the BDO and where is the "smokey atmosphere"?That disappeared ages ago.
So you consider that attending tournaments and chatting to players gives him a true insight into the inner processes of the BDO?
It's all second hand gossip and you must be naive in the extreme to believe otherwise,only the BDO officials really know what's happening and they are not saying much.
I am not a BDO fanboy but an objective observer who has his eyes fully open and appreciates what the BDO does for ordinary darts players in the UK and is not fooled by the flash fraudster and ex-jailbird.
All I can say is well done anyone sitting through that whole thing.  If I was watching the right one - the link doesn't work for me anymore.

I can only take Mason in small doses, but his perspective is very business weighted.  In that - he's right the business side of the BDO is in a lot of trouble.  But I take the rest with a grain of salt. Rolleyes
(11-12-2019, 03:02 AM)nixer55 Wrote: All I can say is well done anyone sitting through that whole thing.  If I was watching the right one - the link doesn't work for me anymore.

I can only take Mason in small doses, but his perspective is very business weighted.  In that - he's right the business side of the BDO is in a lot of trouble.  But I take the rest with a grain of salt. Rolleyes

Here ya go lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fUpzCInhQ
That's the one - lol.