My Throw.
I recorded 9 darts throwing lefty, which has now been about 3 weeks of steady practice after switching from right handed because of dartitis. I wanted the video to be my natural throw and not forcing my form because it’s on camera so i threw 9 darts, 3 at 20, 19 and then 18 and just want to get some input if any of you see something I’m doing wrong. I don’t want to develop any bad habits lefty so any thoughts or criticism is welcome.

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

I definitely feel very comfortable and the results have been amazing, but i have a lot of work to do before I’m back to my normal level or where i want to be competitively.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Wow! Looks natural to me! Great work .

All I see , which I don’t think matters, is your hand off shooting to the left after the release , but it almost looks like your doing it on purpose, which is incredible to be able to have such control over your non natural throwing features. It was only one or two throws I think .

Keep it up!

I would just wear some shoes and you are ready to go!

I also can’t play with a ball cap on, 1 it distracts My vision + 2 I draw high up and hit the brim!
Hey John.

Do you find you favour different darts left handed opposed to when you threw right ?
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
I wear a hat all the time, so I’m just used to it. My drawback is closer to my chin so its never an issue. And i throw late at night a lot of the time, between 1-4am so i don’t normally wear shoes around my apartment. I have had many darts drop on my foot tho lol.

And yes i do favour different darts, but i honestly don’t think thats a fair comparison because i can’t even hold a dart right handed anymore. my grip got so messed up over the course of over a year of struggling with dartitis, my left handed grip is exactly how my original natural grip was righty. Which is so strange that i can do it lefty and not righty now. Dartitis is not fun!

As far as my throw, i think what you mean is after my throw i seem to be pushing my arm to the left after release? I noticed that also, which is why i wanted to make a video and try to fix any issues. But i also want to keep it natural and not mess around with too much
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Nice throw, good job.
The only small thing I noticed is that per throw you start with the elbow a tiny bit higher.
It's possible that it is due to the perspective, then you would move slightly forward per throw.
I can also be mistaken (and I don't think that such a small adjustment matters) but you could look if you notice this too.
(10-23-2019, 07:37 PM)Cateye Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Hmm i don’t see that, its possible its the camera angle or i just don’t see it lol. I zoomed in on my elbow as i re watched it and it seemed to be at the same spot every time. But i will definitely be aware of that, and maybe i need to do a different camera angle also. Thank you
Best 501 - 11 Darts
You throw looks better than mine feels right now, nobody would know you’ve only been that way for 3 weeks
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(10-23-2019, 08:27 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks Chris. Funny you say that, 2 weeks ago at league when i first started doing it the guy on the other team was watching me throw during warmups and said “i see you got past your dartitis” i said no, I’m throwing lefty lol. He had no idea i switched hands until i said it and he realized i was a righty.
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Awesome John, that's impressive as hell. Big Grin

cheers...
(10-23-2019, 10:10 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks nixer.
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Behind you there are no pc under the table where is it ?
180-2(32)
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(10-24-2019, 01:18 AM)Troll Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Lol it’s just a monitor for Xbox right now, i was supposed to get a PC but then went out with a back surgery and never finished it.
Best 501 - 11 Darts
Well John......... Smile I think what you've achieved is remarkable...I am left-handed and frankly there is very little to constructively comment on.

I have just 2 questions and a suggestion...
  • Which is your dominant eye?
  • Are the darts pretty much on target?

I would like to see your darts-in-hand, in contact with your side, keeping them in mid air can affect rhythm and may cause some lateral movement.

Other than that WELL DONE!

Cheers

Dorian
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(10-24-2019, 05:30 AM)Dorian Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
My right eye is dominant, although I’ve never used my eye as a line of sight with either hand. And yes all of the darts were on target. I was practicing cricket and i believe it was 7m on 20’s, 3 19’s and 5 18’s.

As far as the darts touching my side, usually my forearm is in contact with my hip which is hard to see in video
Best 501 - 11 Darts
That’s amazing, John. You’d have to be happy/relieved to have a result like this... and it’ll only get better. Nice work.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register