Groups A-D First Matches
Darren Webster v William O'Connor (D)
Gerwyn Price v Mikuru Suzuki ( C )
Ian White v Steve Lennon (B)
Gary Anderson v Dave Parletti (D)
James Wade v Wesley Harms (B)
Michael van Gerwen v Jim Williams (A)
Adrian Lewis v Ross Smith (A)
Dimitri Van den Bergh v Robert Thornton ( C )

Sunday November 10
Afternoon Session (1300 GMT)

Groups E-H Second Matches
Saturday's winners face each other, and Saturday's losers face each other.

Evening Session (1900 GMT)
Groups A-D Second Matches
Saturday's winners face each other, and Saturday's losers face each other.

Monday November 11 (1900 GMT)
Groups E-H Final Matches

Tuesday November 12 (1900 GMT)
Groups A-D Final Matches

Wednesday November 13 (1900 GMT)
Second Round x4

Thursday November 14 (1900 GMT)
Second Round x4

Friday November 15 (1900 GMT)
Quarter-Finals x2

Saturday November 16 (2000 GMT)
Quarter-Finals x2

Sunday November 17
Afternoon Session (1300 GMT)

Semi-Finals

Evening Session (1900 GMT)
Final
BDO representatives confirmed for 2019 Grand Slam

Glen Durrant and Mikuru Suzuki will headline the eight BDO representatives at the 2019 Grand Slam of Darts next month, with five players set to make their Wolverhampton debuts.

The BDO representatives among the 32-player field include the 2019 Lakeside Men's and Women's Champions, with Durrant returning for a fourth successive year, while Japan's Suzuki makes her first appearance in the event.

[Image: BDOQualifiers.jpg]

The top-ranked male and female players in the BDO system, Wesley Harms and Lisa Ashton, will also be competing at the Aldersley Leisure Village, alongside BDO World Trophy winner Jim Williams.

Meanwhile, Dutchman Richard Veenstra, England's Dave Parletti and Welshman Wayne Warren will all make their Grand Slam debuts next month.

The Grand Slam of Darts sees the 32 players split into eight groups of four players for the round-robin phase, with the top two players from each group then progressing to the knockout stage from the last 32 onwards.

The tournament will be held from November 9-17 at the Aldersley Leisure Village.

Tickets are available through SeeTickets.
I know he is the BDO World Champion still, but surprised they have included Duzza given he is now a PDC player - presumably as a BDO rep any money he wins won't get added to the OOM.

Good to see two ladies get the chance to make a little extra cash, and although he is most likely good enough it's a good move not including Bennett due to his age.

No real surprises in the other 5 picks, although a shame Nick Kenny misses out.
Can't see any reason to include Duzza.

He's a pdc player now having gone to q school

That slot should go to another player with Duzza staying in.

If he wins it what are they going to say a bdo player has won it??
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

I think this concept overall is getting a bit long in the tooth with the BDO being less and less relevant. Bennett hasn't really earned anything yet either, I think he was only really being considered due to the relative weakness of the BDO compared to the PDC. That kid is going to be a nuisance when he makes it anyway, you thought Phil was bad. Taylor came from nothing and turned out how he did, imagine this kid having been spoiled since 13 and already acting like he does on the oche. Ooh boy.
Interesting picks, good to see the two ladies playing, we know Lisa can play against men, curious to see how Mikuru does on the big stage, not sure why Glen is a pick when he's PDC now, always like to see how the BDO players do tho in this event
Someone on one of the facebook groups posted that the BDO sent their selections to the PDC and the PDC overruled them removing someone (presumably Nick Kenny) and putting Duzza in instead. Joke if that is true - why don't the PDC just pick the players in the first place if they have veto over them anyway
Pleased Bennett wasn't picked and as mentioned a bit baffled why Duzza's in from the BDO side.
Agree that Kenny was more than worthy of a spot. Guess the hierarchy at the PDC didn't see it that way, unfortunate that is.
I can see the PDC having some say on the list, so you couldn't say send me " that would never happen" but for arguement sake, but to veto Nick Kenny for Glen i dont agree with, if they want Glen there so bad give him a PDC spot
Don't know how he did it, but apparently Nick has got a broken foot at the moment and he isn't sure how long it will take to heal, so chances are he would have had to decline the invite anyway. Still doesn't account for why Duzza is in there. Scott Waites as runner up in the BDO Worlds also missing out as well.
Duzza is a pdc oom ranked 30 2 year pdc card holder

With 2 tour event wins and £160k worth of pdc dosh in his pocket

How on earth is he regarded as a bdo player??? - he's more a pdc player than Barney is these days.

If I was Glen I'd be insulted as kinda shows where they view him.

Im bizaarely pissed off by this for some reason

Please follow my blog:

(10-17-2019, 01:59 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Interesting picks, good to see the two ladies playing, we know Lisa can play against men, curious to see how Mikuru does on the big stage, not sure why Glen is a pick when he's PDC now, always like to see how the BDO players do tho in this event
Mikuri will be fine

Sent from my SM-N920K using Tapatalk
(10-17-2019, 02:32 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Duzza is a pdc oom ranked 30 2 year pdc card holder

How on earth is he regarded as a bdo player??? - he's more a pdc player than Barney is these days.

I completely disagree. I think Durrant definitely deserves his place in the event.

He is not regarded as a BDO player, and this isn't disrespectful to him in the slightest. In fact, it's very likely that the PDC were the ones who asked for Durrant to be in the event, because they rate him highly, and want him to play.

The reason he represents a BDO is that he qualified for the event through the BDO system. There is no set criteria for the Grand Slam BDO players, but the Lakeside winner has always been there, and there's no argument it's by far the biggest achievement in the BDO system.

There is no way he would be in the event as a PDC player because he didn't qualify through any of the PDC routes. (Though he could still do that possibly, but as of yet, he didn't) You could argue the PDC should give him one of their own places instead of taking one away from the BDO. But in all honesty, the BDO should be glad that they have 8 (or 7) places in the Grand Slam at all. The PDC obvously does, and should have control over who play in their own event.
(10-17-2019, 02:18 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Don't know how he did it, but apparently Nick has got a broken foot at the moment and he isn't sure how long it will take to heal, so chances are he would have had to decline the invite anyway.  Still doesn't account for why Duzza is in there. Scott Waites as runner up in the BDO Worlds also missing out as well.

Not sure what day it was, but noticed Nick hobbling at the WDF world Cup.
(10-17-2019, 02:58 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 02:32 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Duzza is a pdc oom ranked 30 2 year pdc card holder

I completely disagree. I think Durrant definitely deserves his place in the event.

He is not regarded as a BDO player, and this isn't disrespectful to him in the slightest. In fact, it's very likely that the PDC were the ones who asked for Durrant to be in the event, because they rate him highly, and want him to play.

The reason he represents a BDO is that he qualified for the event through the BDO system. There is no set criteria for the Grand Slam BDO players, but the Lakeside winner has always been there, and there's no argument it's by far the biggest achievement in the BDO system.

There is no way he would be in the event as a PDC player because he didn't qualify through any of the PDC routes. (Though he could still do that possibly, but as of yet, he didn't) You could argue the PDC should give him one of their own places instead of taking one away from the BDO. But in all honesty, the BDO should be glad that they have 8 (or 7) places in the Grand Slam at all. The PDC obvously does, and should have control over who play in their own event.

Hi Pheno

I 10000% agree he should be there  but not as a bdo player

Please follow my blog:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grand Slam Results So Far? MatthewSeatter180 1 116 11-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  2019 Grand Slam Preview (Groups A & B). leon0677 0 129 11-05-2019, 10:55 PM
Last Post: leon0677
  2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix mc1958 72 2,530 10-14-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  2019 European Darts grand Prix mc1958 57 1,548 05-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  2019 German Darts Grand Prix mc1958 48 1,569 04-23-2019, 11:16 AM
Last Post: spencer
  2018 Grand Slam of Darts mc1958 385 21,348 12-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  2018 European Darts Grand Prix (ET5) mc1958 88 7,110 11-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Bristow Honoured With Grand Slam Trophy mc1958 17 1,071 05-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Noj
  German Darts Grand Prix 2018 mc1958 75 5,548 04-04-2018, 01:01 AM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Wolverhampton still to host Grand Slam Great White North 0 399 03-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Great White North