Achievements in first 3 years of darts
I’ve been playing 3 years now and at a decent standard , just wondering what everyone else achieved in first 3 years of playing darts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can hit the board .... Smile
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
Don't think I'll be getting a tour card - ever. Tongue
(10-12-2019, 12:45 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote: I can hit the board .... Smile

I've been hit by the board Big Grin
(10-12-2019, 01:28 AM)John Brown Wrote:

I think there must be a story here.   Lol
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
That was 20 some years ago, no idea what i did lol
(10-12-2019, 01:07 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Don't think I'll be getting a tour card - ever. Tongue

You get back what you put in from my experience ,

(10-12-2019, 02:18 AM)Stinglfc Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 01:07 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Don't think I'll be getting a tour card - ever. Tongue

You get back what you put in from my experience ,

Well tell us about it then, you asked the question...
(10-12-2019, 01:32 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 01:28 AM)John Brown Wrote:

I think there must be a story here.   Lol

I can't hit the board, but I too have been hit by the board - all this board talk has made me bored - LOL! - Big Grin

Sting, I have yet to play three years, and my progress is really slow right now, but I think it is safe to say; "I shall never be a Phil Taylor." - but is FUN trying -  Wink
(10-12-2019, 01:07 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Well tell us about it then, you asked the question...

Just when you said you would never get a tour card that’s only because your not putting the practice in to get to that level , if you put 6 hours practice in a day you wouldn’t be far of

Still mediocre
Well since I've been having some irregular atm practise my T5 and T1 have had a good old battering. Really frustrating and will be turning the board again very, very soon! My darts don't like t20 or even 20 most of the time, just bending the wire on 1 and 5!
I still have 2 years to go.
[Image: 5GPKrWp.png]
B: 21g   S: Short   F: Standard   180s: 1/25

The Bad Darter
(10-12-2019, 03:35 AM)Stinglfc Wrote:
(10-12-2019, 01:07 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Well tell us about it then, you asked the question...

Just when you said you would never get a tour card that’s only because your not putting the practice in to get to that level , if you put 6 hours practice in a day you wouldn’t be far of

First thing - fixed your quote.  Gets easier with practice.  Second thing - at my age a tour card is out of the question.  35 or more years ago it still wouldn't have been realistic, regardless of dedication to the game or effort invested.  Which wouldn't approach 6 hours a day anyway, and in my case - certainly didn't.  Doubt very many of that era could put in that kind of time.  Small matter of making a living and available hours in the day.

You clearly feel your situation is different, and your comment suggests you're putting in a lot of time.  So again I invite you to share some details of your journey so members who've walked that path can make meaningful comment.  We have some legitimately talented and accomplished players lurking about - but without some detail it's difficult to get useful feedback.
Well I walked in to my new local 3 year ago people were playing darts so I joined in got addicted straight away and put an hours practice in a day was at an average standard so joined the mixed league on a Sunday whilst watching the superleague team which I thought I wasn’t good enough , was persuaded to join and that’ll at the end of the season got a call up to the county b team and won , the next season I won 7 out 9 in B team, played one A team game this year and won hitting 17 tons in my game , just see improvements all the time I work full time and fit 3 hours practice in a day now , I could do more but mrs wouldn’t be happy in 3 years I’ve gathered a decent dart collection lol [Image: d83f211dea8d4fffc6ecb9cee5a24817.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready to quit darts after 5 years. So frustrating. Regulatori 36 3,280 09-27-2018, 05:47 AM
Last Post: woodmagnet