PDC online question
A very quick question or maybe series of questions for those who know/subscribed is the PDC live darts feed without stutter ie a clean feed/little buffering and also is it available to watch on catch up as sometimes I can't watch all I want to watch live due to many reasons. I do have a good 70 meg/sec connection so there should be no problems my end. Cheers.
I've given them a couple of chances in order to watch the PC and ET events and had several issues with the service - so I won't be bothering with it again until the PDC get someone in who actually knows what they are doing.

As far as catch up is concerned, they seem to now be putting whole finals on their youtube channel, but everything else I believe is just highlights, not full matches.

As an aside, as you are from Wales going by your flag, unless you use a VPN then you won't be able to watch any of the tv events live either.
I still have the PDC Live subscription, but echo mc1958 about the "quality" of the feed sometimes. I'll get good service for weeks on end and then it will be garbage with buffering, sound out of sync with the action, or worse still, nothing.

I subscribe to DAZN for sporting events and really mostly for boxing, MMA and Snooker, but they do offer some of the PDC dart tournaments and their streams are flawless. It cost me $99 for a years subscription and if I were to have paid PPV prices for the title fights I've already seen, it would have been about 6 times as much with many PPV fights costing close to $100 each.
gumbo2176
Can't say I've ever had problems with the quality but I have had to use another browser to get anything to work.

No catch-up, limited highlights (which are hilarious - a 17-minute highlight that includes the 5 minutes nonsense walk-ons!)

It's alright, but I only ever sub for a month when there's going to be a decent amount of darts on and then cancel.

[edit] Just watch the "highlights" of the Chizzy vs. Bunting match from the World Grand Prix, clocking in at 5 minutes 31 seconds. 1 minute 47 seconds of that was walk-ons!
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 4/25
I personally have never had an issue with the feed. The odd buffer now and again but thats about it.
When the current outfit took over the streaming a year ago, we had a thread just on that.  Might be worth a read:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=34719
Um, some positives but negatives outweighing these. Think I will subscribe for a month or so and see what happens. Thanks for all your feedback. I honestly thought the positives would have have been better and that PDC would have sorted out their issues of poor viewing at times like I have read in the past. We shall see. However if I do this month by month and make sure I cancel if it is poor before they take more money for the following month then not a lot is lost. Only more customers if this is the case!
(10-11-2019, 05:44 PM)The Fox Wrote: Um, some positives but negatives outweighing these. Think I will subscribe for a month or so and see what happens. Thanks for all your feedback. I honestly thought the positives would have have been better and that PDC would have sorted out their issues of poor viewing at times like I have read in the past. We shall see. However if I do this month by month and make sure I cancel if it is poor before they take more money for the following month then not a lot is lost. Only more customers if this is the case!

Definitely, suggest the month by month approach - even if everything is great, every now and then there's going to be nothing on there to watch anyway!
If you are going to do it on a month by month basis, then unless you are going to use a VPN all that is left to be shown this year as far as UK viewers are concerned are the last two pro tour events next Monday and Tuesday. The next events for UK subscribers after these aren't until February when there are 3 weekends of Pro Tour events.
What is available to a VPN user (I am) then?

And what country should I be from?!