Hand fatigue
Don't know if this has anything to do with dartitis but after throwing for a while I can't seem to hold the dart right for a comfortable release.Seems like my hand gets tired because if I rest for a while,all is ok. I used to be able to use a different dart to combat it but that doesn't work anymore. I really don't think I throw too much. I've backed off to about 15 20 minute stints and rest in between. I do play league on Tues and Wed but it started before that.Anyone else have trouble with this? Huh Undecided Sad
There are several stretches specific to your hand that might help. People that use keyboards all day sometimes have to do them. My hands get tired riding bikes all day and it helps to stretch out my hands and wrists quite a bit.
Give it a try.
There are stretching exercises for Carpal Tunnel. Maybe they will help you.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Thanks I couldn't think of the name "carpal tunnel"
Baloos, I peaked on your info page and saw that you are sixty-two years old (you are one year older than me - but we still have some good years left -  Smile  - but, sadly, we are not both 18 again!) - anyway, I can't stand long bouts of dart playing - I get the shakes (especially my legs and back) - when that happens I am no good at all with my accuracy! SO, I hear you, loud and clear.

I am sure the exercises (as mentioned by others) will help; gripping a rubber ball, extending your fingers as though you are trying to "palm" a basket ball, etc. will help a great deal - but shortening your dart playing sessions (for now, like you said) may be the answer - many things facter into fatigue (eating well, good sleep, exercise, etc.) - I don't know any exact thing that will help you, but just take care of yourself, I think your "grip" problem will correct itself, at least I truly hope it will - AND, try not to think about it when you play darts (because, "a mind is a terrible thing!") - LOL! - hope you are 100% soon - Lord Bless!

Ever hear; "You get out of anything what you put into it." - That is very true - here is where that saying came from; 
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;" Eccl. 9:10a KJV
AND, remember, ALWAYS "ENDEAVOUR TO PERSEVERE"!

(10-10-2019, 09:53 PM)PREACHERMAN Wrote: Baloos, I peaked on your info page and saw that you are sixty-two years old (you are one year older than me - but we still have some good years left -  Smile  - but, sadly, we are not both 18 again!) - anyway, I can't stand long bouts of dart playing - I get the shakes (especially my legs and back) - when that happens I am no good at all with my accuracy! SO, I hear you, loud and clear.

I am sure the exercises (as mentioned by others) will help; gripping a rubber ball, extending your fingers as though you are trying to "palm" a basket ball, etc. will help a great deal - but shortening your dart playing sessions (for now, like you said) may be the answer - many things facter into fatigue (eating well, good sleep, exercise, etc.) - I don't know any exact thing that will help you, but just take care of yourself, I think your "grip" problem will correct itself, at least I truly hope it will - AND, try not to think about it when you play darts (because, "a mind is a terrible thing!") - LOL! - hope you are 100% soon - Lord Bless!

Thanks Preach......kind words and helpful ones.....yeah.....old age...it is now a race against eyes and control.....it will start dropping but hopefully we can prevail......but I CAN say that it has been a ball. If I HAD to quit now there would be regrets but for the most part I've done ok. Gonna try these stretches and scale back on throwing a tad. Thanks all for the ideas.....see you on the board sometime. Shoot well! Big Grin Cool
You are very welcome, Baloos - remember the movie Josie Wells, when the old Indian Chief told Clint Eastwood what the president told him; "Endeavor to Persevere" - that shall be our moto too - and we shall! Wink

Ever hear; "You get out of anything what you put into it." - That is very true - here is where that saying came from; 
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;" Eccl. 9:10a KJV
AND, remember, ALWAYS "ENDEAVOUR TO PERSEVERE"!

If the hand exercises don't work I strongly suggest a remedial massage (not the the other kind...lol) it could be knotted muscles in your back as I had really bad arms- full length with pain and pulsing and that's where the problem was and incidentally my doctor initially sent me to Physio...what a complete wast of 5 weeks and money, 2 sessions of the massage saw me back on the road to full recovery . I was amazed at where the problem emanated from...just a thought.
At the moment most of my sessions are around 15 minutes 4-5 times a day but only by choice.
(10-10-2019, 10:10 PM)PREACHERMAN Wrote: You are very welcome, Baloos - remember the movie Josie Wells, when the old Indian Chief told Clint Eastwood what the president told him; "Endeavor to Persevere" - that shall be our moto too - and we shall! Wink

Remember Josie Wales????.. Hell....that's my favorite movie......"hell is coming to breakfast little lady"...lol.....LOVE that move....heh heh..."Whipped'em again Josey"
Big Grin
(10-10-2019, 10:58 PM)John Brown Wrote: If the hand exercises don't work I strongly suggest a remedial massage (not the the other kind...lol) it could be knotted muscles in your back as I had really bad arms- full length with pain and pulsing and that's where the problem was and incidentally my doctor initially sent me to Physio...what a complete wast of 5 weeks and money, 2 sessions of the massage saw me back on the road to full recovery . I was amazed at where the problem emanated from...just a thought.
At the moment most of my sessions are around 15 minutes 4-5 times a day but only by choice.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunatly that won't help me.....I know because I get a full body massage every month.....well...ALMOST full body.....no happy ending....lol......helps my back a lot.....plus Accupucture and Chiropractor. Problem is,I think now, is that I spent over 35 years using a die grinder under a microscope. A LOT of wrist flex and movement. Never bothered me before even while playing darts. I'm really pushing the practice and I think I'm over doing it. I have backed off some. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and their fixes if any. Thanks again John.....cheers