PDC CEO Matt Porter Interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAh81RPTfYk

Livedarts continues to bring the goods. Interesting right off the bat that he points out some issues with the North American event being in Vegas, maybe its days are numbered there? Would love to see it move up to Niagara Falls or something like that
I know Matt and have worked with him on other things ( footballl when at Leyton orient) and although he has a fantastic business brain which obviously comes through he also uses a large dose of common sense which makes for understanding from all concerned which can only be good for the game
I'm not a fan of Matt Porter. Loves the sound of his own voice and managed to talk for 17 minutes without actually saying much. We all know Vegas doesn't work and we all know the World Series events should be live in Australia to avoid spoilers. At least he didn't utter his usual spiel about "Spreading the darts message around the world" like normal
Darts does need to be spread around the world. Somehow, some way, a greater effort needs to be made to entice people in the west to get interested and rise to the level of the PDC. The CDC is a nice step, but more has to be done. More prize money is an easy answer, that will be incentive for people to put the time in. I'm not sure how much it really is on the PDC to try and grow things over here, but we could certainly use a helping hand.

You english have the vast majority of the events on your home soil, and thats a problem, especially with fewer and fewer of the top players being your own. I know darts is a long way from the major team sports in scale and financial freedom but more has to be done to host events in places where there is some chance of it catching on. And at the same time I know the travel is already difficult on the players, but theres gotta be a way to work something out and gain more exposure.