DO NOT OVER-DO IT!!!
I have a set of darts with the nice, slick, chrome points - a few of my darts have fallen out of the board when my grip slips and the dart sticks in the board all cat-ee-whom-puss (leaning way far - you guys know).

SO, I was bored yesterday, I thought; "I'll just fix those darts!" - HMMMMMMM - famous last words - LOL!

I got some 220 grit sand paper, wrapped it around the point of my dart, started rotating it about 30-45 seconds, stopped and rubbed my finger down the point, it was good and rough - ["AWWWWWWW, YEAH!, I thought]. Did the same to my other two darts! CookingLady and I went to the Music/Dart room to test them out - I plopped those darts in the board (normal distance, normal throw) - I proudly went to the board to retrieve my "fixed" darts - AND...….

.......THEY WOULD NOT COME OUT! -  Angry  - I had to really tug and twist them to get them out!

SO, back to the drawing board - I smoothed the points back out with some 600 grit sand paper - tested again, still to hard to remove - then I smoothed them again with some 2000 grit sand paper - AHHHHHHH, just right!

SO, from now on if I want my darts to be a bit more "grippy" in the board - I'll just knock the shine off them with some 2000 grit sand paper! REMEMBER; you never know how much is enough until you know how much is TOOOOOOO much -  Big Grin

Ever hear; "You get out of anything what you put into it." - That is very true - here is where that saying came from; 
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;" Eccl. 9:10a KJV
AND, remember, ALWAYS "ENDEAVOUR TO PERSEVERE"!

All you need to do is give them a quick scuff, a few passes and thats it, i use a emery board on an angle across the point turn repeat, you just want a burr on them
All things in moderation, my friend.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH - LOL!

Thanks Crusher - "a quick scruff" - YES, now I know -  Wink

Ever hear; "You get out of anything what you put into it." - That is very true - here is where that saying came from; 

(10-08-2019, 08:08 PM)Borisbbadd Wrote: All things in moderation, my friend.

THAT IS THE TRUTH TOO! LOL!

But what can I say, I tend to be an ex-tree-mist -  Smile

Lol Lol Lol
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Smile

200 grit? I choked on my carrot cake when I read that. You're lucky you didn't pull the points out with that scratch on them. LOL
What Crusherman says is good enough. Cheers buddy
Have a vision of Preacherman with his feet braced against the wall pulling those "scuffed" darts.

Lol
(10-08-2019, 11:40 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: 200 grit? I choked on my carrot cake when I read that. You're lucky you didn't pull the points out with that scratch on them. LOL
What Crusherman says is good enough. Cheers buddy

Tis a sad state of affairs when one's plight is scoffed at by others - especially when they also choke on their carrot cake -  rofl

I shall exercise more caution, lest someone is eating a hot dog and choke to death over one my exploits - LOL!

You should have seen me trying to pull my darts out of the board - when I asked CookingLady; "Would you please go get my claw-hammer, I have incurred a slight problem here!" -  Wink