Interesting darts
Most of the pros have straight barrelled darts writhing the 21-24g range. But who has the most interesting dart? The one top player with a barrel like no other. 

There’s bunting with his 12g nano grips, or Ryan Searle with his 32g barrels or maybe someone else?  

Which one ‘top player’ has the most stand out, different or interesting darts barrels in your opinion?
[Image: 84EIGh2.jpg]
Og the guys in the top 20, I guess Whitlock has the most special darts.

Aspinall and Gary Andersson have some frontloaded darts, but besides those three, 17 og the top20 use some sort of a straight barrel.

Edit: Even if they are «straight», Johnny Claytons are a little «different» as well..

Edit 2: I forgot Bunting is in the top20 as well, but you allready mentioned him..
Guess that leaves 16/20 with straight darts, if we count the Claytons as straight..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was gonna mention Whitlock too. I think he’s the only player I’ve ever seen use that shape?! I saw him interviewed and he said he was just hanging around his sponsors factory and they were just “lying around” as a prototype for someone else, but he picked them up and decided he loved them so they made him a set

---
Stockton-on-Tees / Manchester
RvB 80's Target, 25g

(10-06-2019, 11:28 PM)Sean1e Wrote: I was gonna mention Whitlock too. I think he’s the only player I’ve ever seen use that shape?! I saw him interviewed and he said he was just hanging around his sponsors factory and they were just “lying around” as a prototype for someone else, but he picked them up and decided he loved them so they made him a set

Thats a cool story Wink Just as golfer Rickie Fowler uses a putter that was made to be a backup putter for Tiger Woods Wink

While not one of the top pros, Ross Montgomery has a really interesting barrel design.

[Image: 21ezz1_p_1.jpg]
Phil Taylor - they are not straight shafts, but they do stand out in a crowd - my picture won't post, I should have told y'all I failed art class - LOL!
Whitlock and King stand out to me
Darts: 23 gram Shot! Silver Surfer
Flights: LStyle Small Standard Pro
Shafts: LStyle carbon 260 - Gomu
If we change from looking at just top 20 to maybe top 50. I’m sure we could find a handful of different designs . I know Jelles klassens cobras are definitly not straight barrel..he said just squeezing in under top 50

But even top 50, I would say a very very high majority Are straight barrel....I think finding a handful would be tough !
A lot of Asian players are using some very tricked out barrel designs. Don't ask me their names I just know what I see at the vendors LOL
Martin Adams 
[Image: 5j101_martin_adams_1.jpg]
180-2(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]
Mervyn King's "bamboo" darts are fairly unique. I believe he originally had them designed for his grip.

[Image: eGa0tgY.jpg]
Agree with King, the bamboo look does stand out.
Klaasens barrels are different to many of his contemporaries and take elements for soft tip and Asian designs due to his time with Monster, he used to have a front loaded ‘Priestley’ shaped barrels in the masterdart days.
Whitlock darts are certainly different and Buntings are possibly only different because of the weight, or lack thereof.

By ‘top players’ I was thinking top 128 PDC or high ranked BDO.
I think it’s quite interesting to see that most use very similar set ups bar a bit of grip or a flight shape.
[Image: 84EIGh2.jpg]
the Ladies game has some .... interesting dart barrels.
First up.
Deta Hedman - unique shape - weird grip - colourful coating and 1.5mm thick steel reflex points....
Lisa Ashton - your basic John Lowe style job - BUT with a savage grip in a tasteful golden magenta coating (Maybe metallic pink.)
Fallon - simple elliptical shape - Paul Lim-ish in shape - not straight not really a bomb...
Mikuru - long grooved front taper - baby scallop in the middle and a big old chunk of Target Pixels in a nice dark chocolate coloured coating. And they have has Metallic Bantha Milk paint too!
Aileen has some interesting shaped darts too. Front weighted with shape to it.
Lorraine - Front weighted and with so many grooves and cuts, your flights will curl up in fear.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
I like the Jelle Klaasen darts, specially the Monster ones.
(10-07-2019, 08:29 AM)Ryk Wrote: the Ladies game has some .... interesting dart barrels.
First up.
Deta Hedman - unique shape - weird grip - colourful coating and 1.5mm thick steel reflex points....
Lisa Ashton - your basic John Lowe style job - BUT with a savage grip in a tasteful golden magenta coating (Maybe metallic pink.)
Fallon - simple elliptical shape - Paul Lim-ish in shape - not straight not really a bomb...
Mikuru - long grooved front taper -  baby scallop in the middle and a big old chunk of Target Pixels in a nice dark chocolate coloured coating. And they have has Metallic Bantha Milk paint too!
Aileen has some interesting shaped darts too. Front weighted with shape to it.
Lorraine - Front weighted and with so many grooves and cuts, your flights will curl up in fear.

I hope you write for a living.  If not, it is a loss for the world and you've missed your calling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World Darts Federation - interesting statement MMA 2 145 11-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MMA
  Interesting article on averages in the PDC The Jester 10 1,028 05-26-2018, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Mortal ankle
  Interesting article to read The Jester 2 397 02-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  Interesting site Cat 19 1,814 09-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Dartboards in interesting places. The Jester 4 700 08-24-2017, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Interesting DC expansion mc1958 20 2,362 06-15-2017, 06:28 AM
Last Post: evm501
  An interesting question... sjmattitude1982 24 2,615 06-06-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: AweSamOne
  Interesting video Mike HermThe 6 991 05-02-2017, 05:50 AM