Red Dragon Peter Wright Mamba 2 - 24 gram
Hello all!  New dart day again.  Red Dragon order from last week arrived.  I have been wanting to try out the Snakebite Wright darts for awhile now, but I always have hesitated due to the length.  I was also worried about the grip.  I just can't get on with a shark grip.  Most of the time I feel like the grooves cut into my fingertips too much, and tend to get very wobbly in flight, hitting the board at odd angles.  I have to say, I was really surprised by these.  The length doesn't bother me at all.  That grip feels great!  Even though it is a shark type grip, the edges feel more rounded off for me.  Which is a high level without sticking to my fingers when I release.  What else surprised me is they kind of feel like they are a hexagon/octagon shaped barrel.  It might just be my perception?  The Daytona fires felt a bit like that to me as well, but were less grippy than these.  I'm kind of a middle rear gripper, and where the little round sleeve is doesn't bother my grip at all.  The green color makes them look really cool, and it's pretty vibrant.  I have noticed that these darts end up on the swap sites a lot, so they might not be everybody's cup of tea?  I honestly didn't think I would like them this much, but they are pretty sweet.  I think I'm going to work with them for awhile.  They might turn into my match darts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-03-2019, 09:19 PM)jrod Wrote: Hello all!  New dart day again.  Red Dragon order from last week arrived.  I have been wanting to try out the Snakebite Wright darts for awhile now, but I always have hesitated due to the length.  I was also worried about the grip.  I just can't get on with a shark grip.  Most of the time I feel like the grooves cut into my fingertips too much, and tend to get very wobbly in flight, hitting the board at odd angles.  I have to say, I was really surprised by these.  The length doesn't bother me at all.  That grip feels great!  Even though it is a shark type grip, the edges feel more rounded off for me.  Which is a high level without sticking to my fingers when I release.  What else surprised me is they kind of feel like they are a hexagon/octagon shaped barrel.  It might just be my perception?  The Daytona fires felt a bit like that to me as well, but were less grippy than these.  I'm kind of a middle rear gripper, and where the little round sleeve is doesn't bother my grip at all.  The green color makes them look really cool, and it's pretty vibrant.  I have noticed that these darts end up on the swap sites a lot, so they might not be everybody's cup of tea?  I honestly didn't think I would like them this much, but they are pretty sweet.  I think I'm going to work with them for awhile.  They might turn into my match darts.

Well done. I bought a set of these just over a week ago and I'm still fairly happy with them. I really like the grip but I've always liked a high level grip. The barrel does have a hexagonal kind of feel to it. I've noticed when I roll the dart slightly when I aim that I like to get the flattest part of the grip under my finger tips. 

Darren has done a great review of the 22g version of the Mamba 2 and it was his great pictures of them which sealed the deal for me. I'm a mid to rear gripper and the rear grip section is perfectly placed for me. 

Check out Darren's review if you haven't already
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid465890
Thanks for sharing your latest purchase( and also with a good pic), it looks like a nice dart. Yay for new dart day, I hope to have one of those soon hopefully.
I find shark grip is really nice after about 6 months and after about 2 years its too worn out for me IMO. Thats ok as i look forward to new dart days.
More pictures please.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peter Wright’s Vyper darts Titan 7 522 09-15-2019, 12:11 AM
Last Post: laconic
  Peter Wright PL 15 Alternative BritpopCam 2 187 02-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Mamba style grip Chappers 3 492 07-27-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tlowe
  Bulls Mamba 97 M1 experience? Angel of darts 0 334 02-05-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Angel of darts
  Where to purchase Peter Wright darts? Dwing 3 690 12-05-2017, 05:46 AM