Red Dragon Peter Wright Mamba 2 - 24 gram
Hello all!  New dart day again.  Red Dragon order from last week arrived.  I have been wanting to try out the Snakebite Wright darts for awhile now, but I always have hesitated due to the length.  I was also worried about the grip.  I just can't get on with a shark grip.  Most of the time I feel like the grooves cut into my fingertips too much, and tend to get very wobbly in flight, hitting the board at odd angles.  I have to say, I was really surprised by these.  The length doesn't bother me at all.  That grip feels great!  Even though it is a shark type grip, the edges feel more rounded off for me.  Which is a high level without sticking to my fingers when I release.  What else surprised me is they kind of feel like they are a hexagon/octagon shaped barrel.  It might just be my perception?  The Daytona fires felt a bit like that to me as well, but were less grippy than these.  I'm kind of a middle rear gripper, and where the little round sleeve is doesn't bother my grip at all.  The green color makes them look really cool, and it's pretty vibrant.  I have noticed that these darts end up on the swap sites a lot, so they might not be everybody's cup of tea?  I honestly didn't think I would like them this much, but they are pretty sweet.  I think I'm going to work with them for awhile.  They might turn into my match darts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-03-2019, 09:19 PM)jrod Wrote: Hello all!  New dart day again.  Red Dragon order from last week arrived.  I have been wanting to try out the Snakebite Wright darts for awhile now, but I always have hesitated due to the length.  I was also worried about the grip.  I just can't get on with a shark grip.  Most of the time I feel like the grooves cut into my fingertips too much, and tend to get very wobbly in flight, hitting the board at odd angles.  I have to say, I was really surprised by these.  The length doesn't bother me at all.  That grip feels great!  Even though it is a shark type grip, the edges feel more rounded off for me.  Which is a high level without sticking to my fingers when I release.  What else surprised me is they kind of feel like they are a hexagon/octagon shaped barrel.  It might just be my perception?  The Daytona fires felt a bit like that to me as well, but were less grippy than these.  I'm kind of a middle rear gripper, and where the little round sleeve is doesn't bother my grip at all.  The green color makes them look really cool, and it's pretty vibrant.  I have noticed that these darts end up on the swap sites a lot, so they might not be everybody's cup of tea?  I honestly didn't think I would like them this much, but they are pretty sweet.  I think I'm going to work with them for awhile.  They might turn into my match darts.

Well done. I bought a set of these just over a week ago and I'm still fairly happy with them. I really like the grip but I've always liked a high level grip. The barrel does have a hexagonal kind of feel to it. I've noticed when I roll the dart slightly when I aim that I like to get the flattest part of the grip under my finger tips. 

Darren has done a great review of the 22g version of the Mamba 2 and it was his great pictures of them which sealed the deal for me. I'm a mid to rear gripper and the rear grip section is perfectly placed for me. 

Check out Darren's review if you haven't already
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid465890
Thanks for sharing your latest purchase( and also with a good pic), it looks like a nice dart. Yay for new dart day, I hope to have one of those soon hopefully.
I find shark grip is really nice after about 6 months and after about 2 years its too worn out for me IMO. Thats ok as i look forward to new dart days.
More pictures please.
Thanks for the nice review & recommendation. I'm normally a short torpedo barrel thrower, but I'm also a middle/rear gripper, so may give these a shot.
(11-12-2019, 06:29 AM)pkittle Wrote: Thanks for the nice review & recommendation. I'm normally a short torpedo barrel thrower, but I'm also a middle/rear gripper, so may give these a shot.

Thanks!  I ended up buying the 22 gram version of these as well.  I'm not sure if you have looked at the Red Dragon site lately, but they have a lunar edition of these.  Instead of the green, they are black.  They are about seven pounds cheaper than the green mamba 2s.  What I have noticed between the 22 and the 24 grams are they octagon shape feeling is less noticeable. Which for me makes them a little more comfortable to throw.  Not that it put me off.  It was just a different feeling.  They might feel awkward if you go from a torpedo style to a straight barrel of this length.  At 54.6 mm, they are the longest barrels in my collection.  Normally I use a #5 or a #6 cosmo fit gear carbon slim spin shaft with a shape air fight, but on these I have found that a shorter shaft as the #3 work better for me.  

I let a couple guys on league throw them. They were coming in almost sideways for one of my friends.  Everyone agreed that they are cool looking, but a little to sticky and long for them.  For me though, they are turning into my favorite sets of darts.  They are so unforgiving that it is forcing me to work on a clean release.  If you end up getting a chance to throw them, let me know what you think!   

I'm not sure if you have seen the new Harrow's line that I think they launched this week?  I have a set of the wolfram inifinity that are very nice darts.  The only problem is, they put this sleeve in the middle back and it kind of bugs me since I grip mid rear.  But I loved the grip on the infinity.  The new Notctis model looks really cool, as it is a very similar looking grip to the wolfram infinity, but doesn't have that sleeve.  The grip pretty much runs the entire length of the barrel.  At 50 mm it is a very good length for most people.  As I write this, I think I'm talking myself into buying a set!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peter Wright current darts Ed180 60 3,458 02-13-2020, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Deano85
  Grip like RD Mamba 2 Martin Tiimothy 5 279 01-20-2020, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  Peter Wright’s Vyper darts Titan 7 766 09-15-2019, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Laconic
  Peter Wright PL 15 Alternative BritpopCam 2 242 02-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Last Post: BritpopCam
  Mamba style grip Chappers 3 574 07-27-2018, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tlowe