Regrooving/deepening grips on barrels
Has anybody ever tried to restore the grips on a barrel due to wear and age? I was thinking along the lines of use of a lathe. Or has anybody tried another method?
I sandblasted my darts....cleaned out the grooves like they were brand new again, worked a treat.

Best finish 170
Best game 10 darts(4 times)
Best result 2015 Calgary open runner up
2015 Las Vegas Open semi finals in blind draw
2018 main event saskatoon runner up
2019 Alberta Masters games Silver medal
Check out Ancient Darter, he does alot of custom stuff himself like grooves & polishing
Thanks for replies, just looking at my very old set of darts even though these were really for front grip throwers I just held them middle to rear with no grips and got away with it! I will check out ancient darter, as for sand blasting I don't know anybody personally with this facility so that the price would be very minimal.
We carry it out on almost a daily basis.

Darts Modification - HERE
MadHouse Darts
Facebook Page

MadHouse Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com
And he knows his stuff...several folks here on the forum have his work flying about.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Sorry if I've lead people down the wrong path, the idea was has anyone achieved this themselves ie done this themselves in whatever way. It was just a question really.
Thats a great question, I guess you would need the right tools to do that kind of work and experience. If I feel like my old darts are loosing their grip I buy some new darts. If my golf clubs wear down, I buy some new ones. I think if you are tinkering with things to save a few bucks, then thats fine, but I would want to leave the match weight and machining to experts if I want my sports equipment to be in top nick.
These are just a very old set that this is for just to make them 'look' better really. Sounds strange I know as I have no real intention of ever using them again. Anyway I have still not performed the task of cleaning them up properly as the wife has put the steradent I bought the other week somewhere. Looks like next time I'm out and remember I will buy some more.
I just put them in a glass with a little soap powder and hot water then a scrub down with a nail brush. every used set I buy/trade gets " the treatment"
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extreme Grips? Lonelybull 5 341 02-20-2019, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Lonelybull
  Question about grips Blanton 9 812 01-04-2018, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Oldsalt