Quality checks
Does anyone have routines that tests your level? What I mean is something like having to hit 3 bulls with 3 darts or 30 20's without a miss? Basically just little test to make sure your still at your level. I have a warm up routine and a finishing routine but that's it. Just wondering......
Many, many years ago I used to pick up my darts basically from the offset of practice and try T20,T19 and T18 with 3 darts. To me then as long as I got at least pretty close within 4mm or so I was reasonably pleased. Remember all I used to play for was a pub team and to be honest on scoring 60 or more each throw would get you a win as long as your finishing was reasonable. Every now and then you may play someone of s much higher level so you would try harder yourself and concentrate more. Anyway I picked up my darts a couple of days ago and went for T20, D16 and D10 which were all successful (well I thought I was at 1st but the D16 was a wire pusher and not in). Thought to myself that my playing was starting to come together again. However after that it fell apart faster than some home furnishing that my wife had assembled!
Routines are good to a degree I found however I was never too concerned at my level if anything was just a near or slight miss. Never pressured myself too much really as I didn't need to.
(09-22-2019, 07:53 PM)The Fox Wrote: Many, many years ago I used to pick up my darts basically from the offset of practice and try T20,T19 and T18 with 3 darts. To me then as long as I got at least pretty close within 4mm or so I was reasonably pleased. Remember all I used to play for was a pub team and to be honest on scoring 60 or more each throw would get you a win as long as your finishing was reasonable. Every now and then you may play someone of s much higher level so you would try harder yourself and concentrate more. Anyway I picked up my darts a couple of days ago and went for T20, D16 and D10 which were all successful (well I thought I was at 1st but the D16 was a wire pusher and not in). Thought to myself that my playing was starting to come together again. However after that it fell apart faster than some home furnishing that my wife had assembled!
Routines are good to a degree I found however I was never too concerned at my level if anything was just a near or slight miss. Never pressured myself too much really as I didn't need to.

I have to do something because I'm always changing little things. My main check is I have to hit the T20 and a bull within 3 darts..I think if you've been playing for a while and haven't changed anything I wouldn't think you would need a check. Smile