Designa darts
Anyone know the story on Designa? ie where they are made, parent company, quality control etc etc.
Thanks for any info.
There's already threads in here about this, but basically Designa is Darts Corner's own brand in the same way that Victory Darts are Double Tops own brand (and the same darts). They are made by various companies - Nodor being the main one, but other companies darts such as Retriever and BW have been included in the ranges, and even old Unicorn and Target darts have been rebadged as Designa darts before as well.
Designa is just a brand name for diverse darts mainly from Retriever and Nodor manufactured barrels.
Other darts shops use names as Victory, HT darts, Archer, Hi-Tec, ....
They are in no way worse than darts from other 'known' companies, so nothing speaks against trying some of these budget options.
Here's one of the previous threads - I'm impressed I said pretty much the same thing in this thread from 3 years ago that I said above lol

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=23485
Thanks
I had a couple of sets of Designa darts and the rear was not drilled centrally where the stem goes in. So the stem would bobble around if you spun the dart at the point. 

[Image: y4mto7APyBX1zE9kBdHv7RbpBdJjvNLS269xDbZq...pmode=none]I
[Image: y4mcDw7R0ezud7Oh2rSQ1Q5uOq-cZSoNVMn3JH8T...pmode=none]
(09-18-2019, 01:00 PM)GONKO Wrote: I had a couple of sets of Designa darts and the rear was not drilled centrally where the stem goes in. So the stem would bobble around if you spun the dart at the point. 

PICS REMOVED

my unicorn Lewis do the same thing.
I blame all losses on it  Big Grin
What everyone else said....

I can attest to quality control as a single customer !

I have purchased 4 barrels from Designa, and every set Was worth every penny. And they all are at the tops lf my list of favourite darts.

Never had any machining issues or deficiencies from my purchase over the last 12 months ......all the barrels were match weighted , never off by more then +-.01-02 If at all . . . .

Quality points, better than some popular brand supplied points .

Great quality for the prices. It is an excellent brand of darts to try and figure out your preferred shape / design of barrel as a dart player and not over spend!
Another vote for Designas.

They're every bit as good as any other dart company out there.
They come in so many shape/weight options at reasonable prices, allowing experimentation without breaking the bank. Many people here make it sound like it's the place to figure out what you like before buying a more expensive set. IMO, there's no reason that you ever have to buy a more expensive set. The Designa only lack fancy but unnecessary extra grips/coatings and the extra associated costs.

(09-23-2019, 02:33 PM)holmesness Wrote: Another vote for Designas.

They're every bit as good as any other dart company out there.
They come in so many shape/weight options at reasonable prices, allowing experimentation without breaking the bank. Many people here make it sound like it's the place to figure out what you like before buying a more expensive set. IMO, there's no reason that you ever have to buy a more expensive set. The Designa only lack fancy but unnecessary extra grips/coatings and the extra associated costs.

Absolutely, my match set in two different weights are Designa and my backups in a different shape are Designa.

Quite often I have a set or two of "better" darts in my Darts Corner basket and never checkout because what I have serves me perfectly well.
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 4/25

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Designa darts release/ 2020 launch Cateye 13 840 10-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Last Post: samsimilian
  Designa darts Chappers 49 12,506 07-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Last Post: indomegacin
  Designa Elite 95 25g darts JannerinCardiff 2 298 02-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Last Post: holmesness
  Nodor/Designa darts appreciation The Jester 4 460 09-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Adams