My collection of Ted Hankey signature darts
Hi all,

I own several Ted Hankey signature sets of darts. Ted Hankey is one of the greatest characters that was, and to some degree still is, playing darts at a professional level. His darts have proven to be just as iconic as the man himself; the Hankey darts are highly sought after and a great collector's item. I thought it would be nice to show you the Hankey sets I own and give some background information on them. 

DataDart Ted Hankey – 19 grams

To my knowledge DataDart International (not to be mistaken with the British version of DataDart) was the first company to produce a signature Hankey dart. Over the years several variations of the packaging design came out. The one I own was the first design according to the owner of DataDart International, after this one they released a packaging that shows Hankey wearing his signature cape. The set you see below here has a weight of 19 grams. The story goes that Ted used a set like this and used it so much that it became completely smooth, bringing the weight down to approximately 14 grams. Winmau later on based their signature Hankey dart on the worn-down version, which we will come back to later. 

[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Winmau Ted Hankey Atomised – 14 grams

As I mentioned before, the story goes that the Winmau Ted Hankey dart was based on the worn-down version of the DataDart Ted Hankey dart. The dart being this worn-down meant the grip was rather rough. To replicate this specific type of grip that took years of throwing to create, Winmau introduced the ‘Atomised’ grip. This way of treating the dart meant the dart became a lot rougher compared to the smooth version of the dart, while the actual grip stayed the same; no rings or any other grip types whatsoever.

Winmau Ted Hankey Smooth – 14 grams

There isn’t much to tell about this dart; it is practically the same as the atomised version described above. The difference being that the smooth dart doesn’t feature the Atomised grip and looks and feels completely smooth. In my opinion the smooth version actually features more grip, as the barrels warm up during throwing. This eventually results in a ‘stickier’ grip compared to the atomised version. Again, this is based on my own opinion. Others may feel it’s the other way around.

This is the collection as for now. I will keep this topic updated when more Hankey memorabilia will be added to the collection. When some of you may have corrections or additions on my information, please let me know! Thank you for reading.
Currently throwing: Harrows Wayne Mardle 24 grams

180's in 2018: 14 
180's in 2019: 6 (28-11-2019)
Thanks for sharing.  Too bad about the Tahoma font in the text.  Good write up many will skip, because they see this:

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

But the pictures are great!
(09-17-2019, 09:30 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks for pointing that our Nixer, I think i've fixed it right now  Smile Must have had to do with the fact I typed the text in Word beforehand...

(09-17-2019, 09:38 PM)MarcTH Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
You have, and it did - lol.
This is a fabulous collection and text to go along with your darts well read. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. It's pretty impressive.
Not tried the latest set of Hankey's, but the smooth ones are a nice dart to throw - nice collection and look forward to seeing any additions
(09-18-2019, 06:54 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Same goes for me, haven't tried the latest ones, but I will pick up a 16 grams set in the near future.

My jealousy is sickening.

Love those 19g ones. There have been times I've craved those more than air itself.

Wonder how much it'd cost to have a set made?
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

(09-18-2019, 12:49 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I have to say I've been very lucky with the DataDart ones. I was actually buying a completely different set of darts from the seller. When the deal was initially done he asked me; 'are you a collector or just looking for a set of darts?'. This obviously got my attention and I replyed saying I collect interesting and special darts. He then came up with the fact he had an old set of Hankeys laying around. He sent me some pictures and you can imagine the deal was done in no-time  Smile

Lucky b*****d 8)

Awesome m8
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Question: I have several other interesting dart sets that I would like to post on this forum with pictures and some additional information. Would this topic be the right place to do so? In that case I would change the name of the topic and post all the sets that I own in here.

I'd suggest leaving this one as it is and start a new thread for your other darts, especially if you are going to get more Hankey gear for this thread in the future
(09-24-2019, 08:50 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Sounds great. I will do that and keep this one as-is. Thanks for the input  Smile

There's a very interesting set of darts that's on the way to me right now. It's a set of Ted Hankey signature darts that I've never seen before, anywhere.

They're from a brand called 'Royaldarts' which is a brand I'm not familiar with, until now. Tomorrow the package will arrive and I hope I have the time to upload some pictures and the full backstory concerning these darts.

Stay tuned!

Very nice collection, and very informative! I’m impressed.. keep it up!!Smile
 ✯✯✯Mac-Attack99✯✯✯
༺Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I. no.5 soft tips༻
༺Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout༻
༺Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons༻
2019 180’s: 10/12
2019 Hat: 154/130
Favorite player: Jelle Klaasen