Two Weeks Later - 8 Flight Review
I hadn't seen much coverage on here about the new 8 Flight system, so I thought I would do a review after two weeks of play.

I don’t need to cover sizes, shapes, materials etc.. Darren covered this with the usual brilliant in-depth review, as found here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMfWHAY1nwQ

I’ll be reviewing the following setup of the 19mm short fixed shafts and no.2 standard flights.

[Image: EC9803-F8-E92-D-4915-B0-AD-39-A8-E1-F8121-D.jpg]

Performance:
I wouldn’t say they have improved my game, the only difference being you won’t be picking flights up off the floor. I always used punched flights and i’ve never had a flight go on the floor, so personally nothing changes for me and it wouldn’t affect my rhythm which is good. The amount of deflections have been a lot less than usual though, I feel with these flights the darts have a much more greater chance of staying in the board. Something I noticed after a few days with some aggressive grouping. I like this.

Durability:
This was something that was mentioned alot how they would last.. the flights have took a battering but have maintained the 90-degree shape as promised. The usual scratches and scuffs have occurred which is normal, nothing new there. The only one thing so far I have experienced is a slight minor small tear on one flight. I use Storm Nano Grip points so I don’t know if this is the cause.. below are images of each dart.

No problems with the shafts, no wear and tear, breakages or snapping. Only issue is sometimes the flight comes loose from it.

[Image: 1762-BA4-A-C90-F-485-C-8-BC5-8-AE3709-A6-BBE.jpg]

[Image: 0-E88-FCBE-CD29-4-F96-8-E22-42-BE89-B9-BFCA.jpg]

[Image: 663-A619-A-0-A0-B-4-D1-A-94-BB-0-D40-A20-DD5-D0.jpg]

[Image: 917368-F8-24-FF-4-A40-A85-D-5-F97-A1-B0-C4-C2.jpg]

Pros:
- Less heavy deflections
- Less bounce out
- Very little to no wear and tear on shafts

Cons:
- The flight comes loose off the shaft quite often more than I’d like, so you have to make sure every 10-15 minutes they are tight and locked. If you don’t pick up on it, you’ll notice when your darts lands and it looks like you’re throwing with spin tops!!

- You’re looking at at average of £15 per set with the shaft and flight, can you justify paying that for each new set?..

Conclusion:
There are many flight systems quite similar, it’s nothing groundbreaking this new system but as mentioned I think they reduce less bounce outs and heavy deflections which is great. I’m content with them, but I don’t know if I could keep spending £15 on a new set though.. i’ll give them a 3/5.

(Threw my first 180 with them two days later)

[Image: 0-CF37-EAA-0-E6-E-437-A-A2-C3-84-E8-AB7-F2-A72.jpg]
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
Target Pro Grip Black Short Shafts
Target Pro 100 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 80
2018: 27

Good review, shame you have to tighten them all the time, will try these some day
Thanks for the review. Always nice to how this type of product stands up to use.
Honest review we all appreciate in this game. Thanks for taking the time to review these. +1 great pix
Thanks for the review.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Been wondering about these since they came out...many thanks for the pics and review.
Cheers!!

I’ll do an update in a years time when the plastic rubber keeps chipping away, disintegrates and the flights look like this.. Wink    

[Image: EA445732-952-C-4331-B458-D88080432-FD0.jpg]
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
Target Pro Grip Black Short Shafts
Target Pro 100 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 80
2018: 27

awesome review, maybe I should try some myself
Great review thanks a lot
Nice review. Interesting that you say they deflect less... when i used cosmo flights (standard, not air) i seemed to get way more deflections because the flights were more rigid than regular flights and these look similar to the cosmos
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(09-10-2019, 04:22 PM)Dan180 Wrote: The only one thing so far I have experienced is a slight minor small tear on one flight. I use Storm Nano Grip points so I don’t know if this is the cause.. below are images of each dart.
No problems with the shafts, no wear and tear, breakages or snapping. Only issue is sometimes the flight comes loose from it.

I have the same problems that you described. 

The solutions are:

spin-shafts and white flights
Thanks for the review ... but at £15 a set not for me.
Just a gimmick to me really and it would take me aaaaaaages to use flights and stems worth £15.
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

For everyone who thinks that 15£ is to much, you are absolutely right!

I think the same, but I don't want to change the flights every day, so I try the flights from Robson and now the 8-flight-system.

And for me it is the best solution, because at the moment I play with the same set of flights since more than one month, and I play 1-2 hours a day.
Yao. That's a shame to see it in that state in 2 weeks Confused but great coverage all in all.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Condor Flight Review rockettman 40 24,876 10-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Little al
  TITAN MINI REVIEW - Flight Thickness 100 v 150 v 180 Titan 15 5,765 10-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: atas41
  Master Flight CrossShape flight Ni518079 7 3,885 07-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: kamikersie