Greetings!
(09-10-2019, 03:06 PM)mroek Wrote: ...….I am enjoying this a lot, but I am also immensely frustrated due to my lacking skills and complete inability to hit where I want. I've read some beginner guides, and the one thing I am have no problems with is to follow though. Doesn't make me accurate, though...…….One issue I am constantly facing is that I tend to not be able to get the darts to land towards the top of the board, I seem to mostly end up nearer the middle. Or almost anywhere, to be honest...

HOWDY AND WELCOME!!!

My wife (CookinLady) and I joined here after a 20 year recess from darts - the problems you are having (described above in your OP) are the same problems we are having perhaps some of the crew here will Personal Message us some tips - hint-hint -LOL!) - I am 61 and my wife is 60, I suppose we will never be world champions, but we sure are having fun!

Zero wrote;

Welcome! Your contributions are welcome and meaningful. You don't have to have a lot of time in the game, or experience or whatever to have a voice on this forum. Dig in and speak up! 

I know everyone here is very friendly and we all share the same sentiments as Zero - so join in and have fun -  Smile
Welcome to the forum! hellooo
Great introduction! Welcome to the forums welcome
B: 25g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
Welcome to the forum. Lot's of info here which you will find very useful.
Welcome to the forum
welcome along,
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives 26g/ Unicorn RvB 25g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft gen 1 (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-The ones' on my signature
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
Newcastle United Premier League survivors 2018-19 season
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm currently reading George's book on my Kindle, but I haven't had time to get further than chapter 6 as of now.

I have a forum question that I couldn't find the answer to, and it's so simple I thought maybe I could ask it here:

In some threads people have added images. I can see the thumbnails just fine, but if I click on the image, I get the following error message:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
You are currently logged in with the username: 'mroek'

Is this normal? Is it because I'm a new user? If so, maybe it would be good if that was mentioned in the error message?

Here's an example thread where this happens:
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=36449

The OP has posted an image, and I can see the thumbnail, but clicking on the image gets me that error message.
(09-16-2019, 12:29 PM)mroek Wrote: Again, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm currently reading George's book on my Kindle, but I haven't had time to get further than chapter 6 as of now.

I have a forum question that I couldn't find the answer to, and it's so simple I thought maybe I could ask it here:

In some threads people have added images. I can see the thumbnails just fine, but if I click on the image, I get the following error message:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
You are currently logged in with the username: 'mroek'

Is this normal? Is it because I'm a new user? If so, maybe it would be good if that was mentioned in the error message?

Here's an example thread where this happens:
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=36449

The OP has posted an image, and I can see the thumbnail, but clicking on the image gets me that error message.

It's a generic error message, which can be due to a number of causes. Error trapping is not that granular on the forum software.

In your case, the answer is simple.  You need 5 posts for many forum functions to kick in.  This is covered in the Forum Guides:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33726

2 more posts, and your gold!

cheers...
Hi! Welcome to DNF.

(09-16-2019, 12:40 PM)nixer55 Wrote: It's a generic error message, which can be due to a number of causes. Error trapping is not that granular on the forum software.

In your case, the answer is simple.  You need 5 posts for many forum functions to kick in.  This is covered in the Forum Guides:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33726

2 more posts, and your gold!

cheers...

Well, it's a bit embarrassing that I didn't find that myself. I tried to search for the error message, and came up empty.
Anyways, thanks for clearing that up for me!
Welcometoforumenjoydartstimewithusdartsnutz
Welcome to the forum mroek.
George’s book is a good read, some great practice routines that will enhance your level of play.

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 12

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !