Greetings
Hi. Just popping a intro message in here.

I’m Chris from England but living in Japan. Been here going on 16 years.

Picked up a real cheap board and darts set back in April to play around with and have fallen in love with the game.

Hoping to learn as much as I can during my time here, especially how to avoid hitting 26 so much, which seems to be my score of choice with 3 darts  Tongue

I have spent a while looking at all the awesome darts reviews and have just ordered a set of Harrows Oracles. Should be here in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks for having me and hopefully get to know you all a bit better in the forums.
Hi Chris! welcome to the forums Smile
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Kite   180s: 1/25

The Bad Darter
Welcome to the forum
Hi Chris and welcome aboard Smile
Welcome aboard Chris.

cheers...
Welcome, good to see you’ve gone Nutz! Lol!
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Welcome to the forum Chris.

Is there much steel tip play in Japan?

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 14
2020 - 1

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
G'day Chris and welcome to the forum.
(08-26-2019, 03:04 PM)JB_Fraser Wrote: Welcome to the forum Chris.

Is there much steel tip play in Japan?

Cheers

I haven't seen any. All the places around here play soft tip, which is a shame as I much prefer steel tip. Everything about steel tip darts just feels so much better to me - the sound of the darts going into the board, the look of the board, the absence of wobble as the darts settle into the board etc.

I do live in a small city though so maybe there is more variety in the big cities.

I will practice on my steel tip board and then make the transition into soft tip eventually if I can't find any games around here.
welcome along Chris
DARTS-Unicorn Gary Anderson Silver star 21g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (Long)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Gary Anderson Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
Welcome along Chris.....sure they won’t be the last darts you order either
Enjoy your darts,the forum and the rugby World Cup you got coming up in your adopted home soon
Welcome to the forum and may the dart's be with you
(08-26-2019, 06:25 PM)Papa w Wrote: Welcome along Chris.....sure they won’t be the last darts you order either
Enjoy your darts,the forum and the rugby World Cup you got coming up in your adopted home soon

Cheers. Looking forward to the World Cup. Unfortunately I couldn’t get hold of any tickets for the England or Japan games without remortgaging my house, but I did get a couple to Italy vs Canada. Maybe not the best match but a rare chance to enjoy some live rugby.
Welcome Chris Smile