My Fathers Darts, might be Copper Tungsten?
Inspired by the recent Copper Tungsten thread and remembering my Dads darts looked a bit like some of those posted I thought I'd ask!

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

I thought they might be CT as the gunk in the rings is green, and copper oxidises green right?!
B: 23g   S: Intermediate   F: Shape   180s: 3
Little extra detail (about all I know about them), they are old enough (likely 1980s) to not be 2ba, quarter inch is it?
Those are amazing, I love old darts. They seem to have more character to them modern darts. The grips of today's darts look nice but in my opinion are just way over the top. These though. These are ace.
Absolutely beautiful darts. Any idea how much they weight? I can almost guarantee they are 1/4" threaded, and you can still find 1/4" threaded stems out there too, which is good news because I have several such sets that I still throw. As for copper oxidizing green, I have always believed that. However, I do have a set of Halex tungsten darts from the early 2000's which are starting to get a green residue in their grooves and I always thought them to be nickel-tungsten, but I do not really know for sure. There should be a chemistry-based test for copper content, I just don't know what it is!
Mentioned to find 1/4" stems. Any clue where they can be had? Tried Amazon/E-bay/DartsCorner/A-Z.............
Most recently I bought a bunch from edarts.net. Seems like there were also some on a-zdarts.com last I checked. I have also bought them off ebay before but you have to be patient with ebay, sometimes they take a while to scroll around.
Ok thanks. My original set of darts are trashed 1/4" shafts long gone.
Sure look like CT darts to me. Like Rebel said in the other thread remove the shaft and look at the threaded end where it’s drill out. Should be a copper in color.

Darts: Unicorn T90 20g from mid 80’s
Shafts: Target Pro Grip medium
Flights: Harrows Marathon Shape

2018 180’s - 8
2019 180’s - 8
The Highest Checkout: 150
Best 501 Leg: 14 Darts
(08-21-2019, 04:44 PM)Zero Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Just did this and yes, definitely Copper Tungsten!
Just a little update - they are 26g, approx 43mm length and 8mm width (no vernier gauge, so eyeballed on a ruler).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Copper Tungsten UFO Zeeple 1 168 05-30-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: brenthahn
  Copper Tungsten UFO's Zeeple 6 275 05-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Zeeple
  Old tungsten darts ken232 3 400 12-04-2018, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade