Are you a Collector, or a tried and true true-blue?
And, I imagine a solid majority of the active dart nuts on this forum have at one point or another, embarked on a few spontaneous adventures involving eye candy darts lol . But some realizing sooner then others that eye candy is all they become.

I enjoyed Ryks response and perspective on the matter. It’s all about enjoying the darts . And if you are very serious about your skill level and determined to improve and compete, you will focus on those aspects to get you far above the rest and will have already determined your dart of preference and seek no reason to test the air waves with varying darts Smile
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
When I first joined this forum I had about 5 sets, since then my collection / or gaggle of darts has exploded, up to around 20 odd sets (which I will probably increase as time goes on) I kind of kidded myself I was looking for the right set, but, I think the truth is I actually enjoy owning and playing with different sets, I usually have about four or five sets, around the dart board area and the rest in storage, but, I do tend to rotate them and probably have around three or four sets I can throw relatively well (for me) I also play in fits and start ((ie) not always motivated to play) but, enjoy playing and have played on and off for years now, but, not very seriously, which is something I might start doing a bit more often. My most recent obsession regards dart hunting has been to try barrels of slightly different lengths, prior  to this it was different machining and a brief period hunting grooved darts, then a few sets of copper tungstens, this week my latest fad seems to be trying out lighter darts than I normally throw, with shorter barrels down to 18 grams from my normal 21 or 22 grams and  for some reason they seem to be flying well for me (at least this week, at any rate) I think if I am honest with myself I am a bit obsessed with buying and trying out new darts and must admit I have never bought a set I dont like (even when I have spells where I cant throw a particular set) maybe that just makes me a bit obsessive, not really sure on that one, but I think my personal collection, will probably grow larger.

I dont think it is really linked to my joining this forum, why my collection has grown, I think it was probably already within me to be that way inclined, which partly led to joining this forum, to begin with. I will admit that reading some of the posts on here, have prompted me to search out new dart types and ideas though, which probably isnt a bad thing (except for my bank balance)
Yes its me, I checked in the mirror. 

Current preferred weight 19 to 23 grams, with 21 gram, being my current favourate.

Favourate current darts set up :- 21 grams 46 to 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts, standard flights.
(08-14-2019, 02:16 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Smiling at Bounce Out''s answer, because 25g Ando P3's were my match dart for a couple of years.  And I know Calix got a set very early on.  I've an almost sentimental attachment to those darts - first league max, first league 177, first league ton plus finish.  And the list goes on.  Now I throw 23g P3's, but still take out the 25's when I need to sort something.  Can't see me ever letting go of those darts.

I've also picked up a modest gaggle of good quality, but quite different darts.  They help me work out something going on in my throw.  They're tools, but some quite appealing to look at too.  Most are classic designs that will stand the test of time, but "no frills" darts nonetheless.  Point is - for me anyway - trying different darts is an important part of evolving your game.  When it stops being a "means to an end" and changes to an obsession, you have to stop and think.  You're not even collecting really, just acquiring any shiny thing that catches your eye.  Fairly harmless obsession for the most part, but let's not try to make into something it's not.  Collections usually have a theme - a pro player - or perhaps just rare and vintage.  Thing is, collections have something in common.  

A  hodgepodge of different darts is not a collection IMO.  Whether it's a search for the perfect dart (doesn't exist), or just an obsession.  That's on you to work out.

cheers...

No matter what darts I try I always fall back on my Andos, lots of my others feel “good”, but the Andos feel “right”, does that make sense ?,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]
What means "tried and true-true blue"?
Cant translate it that it makes sense to me....
180    15/12   Moddarts
(08-15-2019, 01:25 PM)volla Wrote: What means "tried and true-true blue"?
Cant translate it that it makes sense to me....

I apologize for confusion.
I will rephrase for you.

Have you found a set of darts early on in your Career that you stuck with and focused solely on your skill with those darts?

Or do you still have a hand full of darts you enjoy throwing and continue to buy darts in hopes of furthering your enjoyment and possibly finding “THE ONE” set that you are most happy with and content.
(08-15-2019, 01:21 PM)Bounce Out Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 02:16 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Smiling at Bounce Out''s answer, because 25g Ando P3's were my match dart for a couple of years.  And I know Calix got a set very early on.  I've an almost sentimental attachment to those darts - first league max, first league 177, first league ton plus finish.  And the list goes on.  Now I throw 23g P3's, but still take out the 25's when I need to sort something.  Can't see me ever letting go of those darts.

I've also picked up a modest gaggle of good quality, but quite different darts.  They help me work out something going on in my throw.  They're tools, but some quite appealing to look at too.  Most are classic designs that will stand the test of time, but "no frills" darts nonetheless.  Point is - for me anyway - trying different darts is an important part of evolving your game.  When it stops being a "means to an end" and changes to an obsession, you have to stop and think.  You're not even collecting really, just acquiring any shiny thing that catches your eye.  Fairly harmless obsession for the most part, but let's not try to make into something it's not.  Collections usually have a theme - a pro player - or perhaps just rare and vintage.  Thing is, collections have something in common.  

A  hodgepodge of different darts is not a collection IMO.  Whether it's a search for the perfect dart (doesn't exist), or just an obsession.  That's on you to work out.

cheers...

No matter what darts I try I always fall back on my Andos, lots of my others feel “good”, but the Andos feel “right”, does that make sense ?,

Make sense to me! I haven’t thrown my andos in close to two months, and then it was even only intermittently. But I know I  can always return to them and calbrate them to become a consistently set......

Which leaves me to think, all my straight barrels are very reliable like that.

Once I get into front loaded ones,I have to change my stance, throw and grip.
(08-15-2019, 01:21 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: No matter what darts I try I always fall back on my Andos, lots of my others feel “good”, but the Andos feel “right”, does that make sense ?,

It does to me, but I'm not exactly objective. Tongue
I’ve really done my self in this time on my last hunt......
I never considered the COG on my recent purchase......
the shape was exactly what i wanted, the grip and design is very eyeppealing (what I wanted)and  the total weight is right where I am comfortable with ......
but I really never understood that the darts weight was not distributed evenly . This is something I never came across in My previous purchases.
.......you live and you learn.....
I guess that’s why all the reviews have images displaying the CENTRE OF GRAVITY Sad

Spoiled rottten lol

My final hunt will be self orchestrated with a request put into for custom darts.

At first I scoffed at the idea of selling any of my sets.....now not so much lol,

Final order of business will be a repointer and then a custom set.

And the last category , I will place my self in, is DART HOARDER LOL

EDIT 
got me thinking Now, i just was reading custom made darts intro on the website. I may be able to take some weight off the inside of my barrel, or some weight to the middle/rear, having a look inside now
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
I’m a collector of memorabilia and a part time pub player. I tend to use one set (until I get bored)

I have multiple sets, but they are they same style of darts, lol. I used to play with the old red ringed Bristows many years ago. But when I broke a point on one of them I decided to get a different set.
I settled on a set of heavy knurled darts called ruthless, these I still have (but don't use anymore as they are not really match worthy now, lol) as I had my most success with them. I believe I found my soulmate set and bought multiple sets just in case they got discontinued, lol.
In fact I might treat myself to another set or two in the near future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kosumo's Thoughts: The "true" World Championships Kosumo 32 5,998 03-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Noj
  A true sportsman Dorian 12 2,449 03-14-2018, 11:19 PM
Last Post: Cooper84
  WHAT A NIGHT! Dreams came true! Seán4393 25 1,737 01-30-2018, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Seán4393
  Must be true Little al 4 682 11-19-2017, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  If this story is true... djb 11 1,085 07-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  For the extreme dart collector shingmm 3 584 04-02-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Are you a true Dartsnut? Serial 7hriller 34 4,668 12-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Redleg
  Manufacture's blue eyed boy! 25g-grizzly 24 3,263 06-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Last Post: weswrestle10
  Is it true that lighter darts need to be thrown harder? conanthewarrior 23 13,626 03-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Last Post: The Egg
  Martin 'Wolfie' Adams a true gent. Hoppy 21 4,271 04-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Spartan