Old Unicorns found
A friend of mine recently picked these up at a local garage sale for $10 CDN. Are they just a generic set from Unicorn or has he stumbled upon a gem? Manufacturing date reads 11/68. Any other info would be appreciated if any available. Thanks in advance.[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Any old Unicorn dart set in that condition, with original box is indeed a gem. They may not be worth a lot of money, but they are indeed a treasure, imho.
With 1968 not yet up on Unicorn's Book of Darts page, hard to say what they are.  Maybe some of our resident dart historians can help.

Nice find either way. Smile
Nice find, garage sale can be some good stuff
(08-09-2019, 12:31 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterI didn't even realize this page existed. Thanks for bringing it up Nixer55. Do you know if any of the other manufacturers have similar pages?
(08-09-2019, 02:01 AM)Curtis8976 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Unicorn's Book of Darts is unique I believe - particularly access to a digital version.   But many members more of an authority than I.  You'll see it referenced in the Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile  quite a bit, and it's a great resource.

Here's the link for anyone search challenged, or just hates typing: Tongue

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

cheers...
Just email Unicorn directly. I did this and had a response within 24 hours. They were top class in helping track down some old darts information
Most of the old Unicorn brass barrel designs weren't actually given names, they were just given a 3 digit number - in your case 102.

From memory of when the books were on the old Unicorn site I think the only one they had for the 1960's was a short addition type book from 1965, but if you look in the 1970 book then your set is on page 7 (page 9 of 29):

http://www.unicornsmartboard.com/media/w...201970.pdf

Some of their most popular designs were available in normal brass, chromium plated and also gold plated. If you look at page 11 of this book it shows which sets and also the various flight combinations that went with them - the set you have is the first one in selection 1, chrome with the darrow feather flights.

Nice looking set in great condition - they won't pay for your retirement, but good find nonetheless.
Oh, and as posted above, this is unique to Unicorn posting their old books online. It would be great if the others like Target, Harrows, Winmau posted their old catalogues online as well, but sadly I can't see this happening somehow. As far as their old ranges are concerned, unless you hit lucky using a google search then it's a case of looking through old copies of Darts World or whatever.
(08-09-2019, 06:09 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I would be happy to digitize old copies of dartsworld, and any other publication that shows old darts, just send them to me!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Found these... sjmattitude1982 6 216 08-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Found old dartboard Michelle9399 5 1,121 11-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Trying to find a discontinued set of Unicorns for nostalgia's sake Berlin180 9 2,634 06-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  some I found online Rodney 6 2,241 09-17-2014, 05:17 AM
Last Post: syow25