Which darts to choose?
I have been using Unicorn Neon 2 darts for about four months and love them.  I changed the points for aesthetics to a rainbow finish to match the barrels but stuck with the supplied gripper 3 purple polycarbonate stems.  I tried a few different setups and this definitely worked best for me.  The Mythos flights look great and work well, as do Target no.6 size.

I sometimes feel that i need a little more grip, especially in the middle of the barrel where my second finger rests.  I tried a few other darts but keep coming back to the Neon 2 soon after.  I then realised the Unicorn Joe Cullen seemed to have a very similar machina finish on the barrel but it runs the whole way and gives me the grip I need, plus the were a great price.

I checked dimensions and they were identical to Neon 2, even the ring cuts and sections between are the same.  They arrived and I proceeded to change out the points for gold Target Storm points and tried some different shafts.  In the end I went back to Unicorn Gripper 3 but in white.  When I paired them up with Winmau Prism Alpha Daryl Gurney and they looked as good but very different to the Neon 2.

Now I can't decide which to use as they both perform well.  Which would you go for and how do you decide on your favourite set?

[Image: TBzO8Ua.jpg]  [Image: N9DA2vL.jpg]  [Image: QDO7ZiE.jpg]
Bit Abstract... but get a coin - and state which set is heads, and which set is tails...

Then flip it high in the air catch it and put it on the back of your hand... Before you look at the coin in your head you will know which face you want to see just in that little time the coin was in the air.

If not... then just let the coin decide like Anton Chigurh - just don't scare the darts too much before you toss the coin.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(08-05-2019, 09:15 AM)Ryk Wrote: Bit Abstract... but get a coin - and state which set is heads, and which set is tails...

Then flip it high in the air catch it and put it on the back of your hand... Before you look at the coin in your head you will know which face you want to see just in that little time the coin was in the air.

If not... then just let the coin decide like Anton Chigurh - just don't scare the darts too much before you toss the coin.

Haha thats so true about the coin flip!
OMG Ryk, Cormac McCarthy has recently become one of my favorite writers and now you've reminded me to read NCFOM.

My opinion on this thread is that it never hurts to take 2 sets of darts out with you. I usually do. Sometimes you're hot with one sometimes its the other, sometimes you're just in the mood for big 'ol brass fatties.

The darts themselves matter little. What matters is your PMA.
I'd suggest using my Darts Decider or my latest excel spreadsheet which can show you in % how successful you are with either set, but you say that both sets perform well, therefore no need for checking it via my excels.

I think that only time can solve it. Use both and one day you'll realize that you better play with one or another.
Hey Phil...I think you answered your own question...I sometimes feel that i need a little more grip, especially in the middle of the barrel where my second finger rests. If you can throw the Cullens just as well as the Neons and they have that extra grip you need...problem solved! But I know how had it is to give up your favorite dart so do as Zero suggested and carry both.Luck to you! Smile
Buy some new darts and enjoy the honeymoon  Smile
[Image: kI8ebGq.png]
I agree with Zero. Bring them both. Throw the Cullens because they feel right in your hand, and when you have that day where the darts don't fly right, change them for a mental correction.
Cheers everyone.  Solid advice and its clear there is no right or wrong.  More a first world problem choosing between expensive pieces of metal.
I'd throw the neon's because.....................of course we all like a little glitz sometimes and when we don't just use the Cullens
(08-06-2019, 12:27 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I'd throw the neon's because.....................of course we all like a little glitz sometimes and when we don't just use the Cullens

Well that is why I bought the Neon's originally and still love the look of them.  Felt a little like a 1970's darts playing pimp using them in the pub.

The problem I have found is matching stems and flights to the colour of the Neon's, hence sticking with the purple polycarbonate.  To my eye a solid colour nylon stem just doesn't suit them.  Tried the RD Nitrotech which look fine but the aluminium tip makes the dart land a fraction too flat
That's funny I started throwing darts in the early 70's and never noticed any pimps in the pubs. Guess in those days everyone was suspected of something we didn't understand. I had a hard enough time trying to keep score to care LOL