2020 BDO WORLD PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
They are expensive, just looked at over £800 for a season ticket.
Mack The Knife
Someone posted the prices charged for the last Lakeside on one of the facebook groups last week and the tickets for the Indigo weren't actually that much different to Lakeside other than the weekday afternoon sessions which were about 50% more - other tickets were only a couple of quid different once you add in all the booking charges etc.

As an aside, the draw for this, both mens and ladies, will be live on the BDO youtube channel around 7pm.
Doesn't look like the draws are being done live, I think Paul Booth and Andy Fordham did them earlier today and the files are being uploaded to the BDO youtube channel. Mens not yet up, but the ladies draw is

[Image: GdaD0iK.jpg]
Mens first round draw

[Image: MzUDMIg.jpg]
Don't know why they are uploading it in bits, but the mens above is actually the prelim round, not round 1
Draw for round 2 which is the first round proper

[Image: DDAyV0d.jpg]
I reckon the Waites-Adams and Mitchell-Bennett matches would be a good watch! Might also be a tough draw for Harms, o’shea showed some cracking darts in the Masters
OK, surprises me the prices are similar, the question will be if Lakeside was the selling point of the championship it self.

Ties that stand out for me are Sherrock v Hammond (again) Suzuki v O'Brien Mitchell v Bennett and potentially Warren v Thompson
Mack The Knife
Last week I was on a press conference before an exhibition in Prague and asked Martin Adams what he thinks about the new venue. Wolfie didn't look very happy...
(11-07-2019, 12:41 PM)vojtech26 Wrote: Last week I was on a press conference before an exhibition in Prague and asked Martin Adams what he thinks about the new venue. Wolfie didn't look very happy...

No surprise with his reaction to that as far as I am concerned - I believe he was sponsored by Lakeside and unlike the other players most likely also got all his food and lodgings free during Lakeside week, so he will now have to pay for everything for a change.
(11-07-2019, 12:50 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 12:41 PM)vojtech26 Wrote: Last week I was on a press conference before an exhibition in Prague and asked Martin Adams what he thinks about the new venue. Wolfie didn't look very happy...

No surprise with his reaction to that as far as I am concerned - I believe he was sponsored by Lakeside and unlike the other players most likely also got all his food and lodgings free during Lakeside week, so he will now have to pay for everything for a change.

He used quite diplomatic words (true gent) but I had a feeling that he doesn't like not only the Lakeside desicion, but generally the development of BDO in last weeks/months.
Looks like they have decided the schedule at last and for some reason are posting it one day at a time!!

Day 1, Saturday - https://twitter.com/BDOdarts/status/1194238754443186180

Day 2, Sunday - https://twitter.com/BDOdarts/status/1194249781373222913

Day 3, Monday afternoon - https://twitter.com/BDOdarts/status/1194261104853180417
The full schedule for the week

[Image: 8kXEXxM.jpg]
They've sold less than 10% of the tickets.

I have genuine fear the BDO will be dead before new year
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

(11-19-2019, 11:02 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: They've sold less than 10% of the tickets.

I have genuine fear the BDO will be dead before new year

I wonder how much of that is due to them leaving Lakeside? I for one loved watching the BDO Word Championships partly due to the famous venue, even if the darts weren't up to much it was still nice to see old place. It's not looking good for the BDO.

Hopefully Lakeside can host a Masters World Championship, I bet plenty of folk would love to see the old guard back playing on that stage!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BDO World Championships on tv in europe Ed180 14 600 01-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Lakeside World Championships 2018 mc1958 522 42,312 01-17-2018, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 3,113 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  BDO Players Championships 25-28 February 2016 mc1958 50 9,599 02-24-2016, 03:57 PM
Last Post: mrbaker