Hi I started playing back on January and have ended up playing for a district division 2 team (out of 4 divisions) and struggling a little. Really enjoying it and practising every day. Unsure if I should buy some new darts or not. I use target pro grip shafts and happy with them. I use some Newcastle flights which I like the look of but they damage easily. When I look at people's darts who I play with they are pristine, whilst mine are damaged from robin hood's. Does the quality of the flight matter?
Practice: 2019 - 140's x5, 180's x0, highest checkout 110
Games: 2019 - won 1 lost 4, 140's x0, 180's x0, highest checkout 54

Using Unicorn Silver Star Phil Taylor Signature darts
Welcome to the forum, your flights dont have to be perfect but if they get too damaged they should be changed
Hi Gary and welcome aboard Smile
Welcome to Darts Nutz.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
Hi Gary welcome along,i'm guessing i use the same flights
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives 26g/ Unicorn RvB 25g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft gen 1 (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-The ones' on my signature
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
Newcastle United Premier League survivors 2018-19 season
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
Welcome! If your flights are getting damaged that means you have pretty good groupings, so good on you. A slightly roughed up flight won’t mess with your throw so it is a matter of your own darting aesthetics’s. I know guys that will put on a brand new set before each league night or tournament because they like the idea of “fresh darts”. Some like me, only change them out when significantly damaged. I think it is thrower’s choice!
Yeah grouping is good just normally on the 1 and the 5. Think I will keep a set of flights for practising and keep a set for game nights

(07-28-2019, 04:15 PM)justin-tutboard Wrote: Hi Gary welcome along,i'm guessing i use the same flights
Yeah I bought 10 sets in case they ever stop selling them

Welcome Gary, and good one getting out and competing.  I'd say flight quality matters, as does shape, thickness etc.  But other's flights may look good because they're not grouping as well. Wink   No worries though, you'll soon get it sorted.

cheers...
Welcome mate was going well till you mentioned Newcastle flights  Angry Blush