Little Richard resigns as BDO MC
Just seen on facebook that Little Richard has resigned as MC and Head Referee of the BDO:

After much deliberation, it is with heavy heart that I formally announce my resignation as Master of Ceremonies and Head Referee of the British Darts Organisation.

I would like to thank the board members of the BDO both past and present for opportunities given to me to work upon their tournament stages since 2013, most notably of course, the Lakeside.

I don’t think I need to explain just how much it has meant to me to host six Lakeside World Championships. An event that has truly become a part of me over the past 26 years, since I first attended in 1994 and worked at as a spotter since 2002.

I have been blessed to work alongside some of the finest referees to grace our sport in this time and I would like to thank Nick Rolls, Marco Meijer, Antony Dundas, Huw Ware & Charlie Corstorphine for their impeccable work and unfailing support to me.

I would like to extend personal thanks to those that have made our jobs on stage so much easier, most notably Rab Butler, Cliff Murray and Colin McClements.

I hope the passion I have for the BDO and our sport came across to both players and fans alike. I can be honest in saying that I have given this role my all, both on and off the stage and it’s something that I am very proud of.

However, as the BDO moves into a transitional period, I feel those efforts are now exhausted and it’s time for me to move on. These choices are my own and not governed by other contracts or organisations.

I would like to clarify that my work with other affiliated organisations, such as England Darts and the World Darts Federation will continue.

I sincerely wish Des Jacklin and his team all the very best of success with forthcoming events and the future of the BDO.

My final good wishes of course go to the BDO players. It’s been a pleasure. Thank you.

Richard Ashdown.
Will be a huge loss to the BDO, although it looks like he will still carry out duties for the EDO and WDF.

Wonder who will replace him - Nick Rolls maybe?
shame to hear,
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives 26g/ Unicorn RvB 25g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft gen 1 (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-The ones' on my signature
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
Newcastle United Premier League survivors 2018-19 season
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
A shame yes...... wonder what the real reason is that prompted this
It wouldn't surprise me if it is linked in some way to the Winmau sponsorship of the BDO ending - possibly been told he can no longer wear the Winmau patch while on BDO duty, especially at the World Masters.
A shame , he is a true character
From the BDO site - http://www.bdodarts.com/index.php/item/3...rd-ashdown

Following Richard Ashdown’s recent announcement that he will be stepping away from his BDO commitments, we would like to take this opportunity to wish him all the best with his future endeavours.

Richard, affectionately known amongst players and supporters as ‘Little Richard’, joined the BDO team in 2013 to replace the former Master of Ceremonies Martin Fitzmaurice. Prior to this, Richard was the spotter for the BBC from 2002-2013, where he moved from behind the camera, to become the welcoming face synonymous with both the BDO, and especially ‘The Lakeside’.

Richard’s first tournament as the BDO Master of Ceremonies was the 2013 Winmau World Masters, and he subsequently went on to MC the next six BDO Lakeside World Championships, The BDO World Darts Trophy, the Winmau World Masters and the BDO British Open and British Masters to name but a few!

Richard was also a force behind the scenes, organising his team of callers, providing the BDO with player information and statistics, scheduling, undertaking interviews and tournament previews and assisting the BDO with promoting their events and players.

Richard will be sorely missed by the BDO, their supporters and players alike!

In the words of Little Richard…’Heigh Ho’!
Massive loss, really nice chap to speak with and always happy to offer advice to novice and amateur players alike.

MC1958 interesting in the way of as you say with the Winmau sponsorship ending, shame if that was to be the reason.

I wish him the very best for the future and hope he is not away from our scenes for too long.
Don't know if it is due to the Winmau sponsorship, I'm just putting two and two together and most likely making five - I don't know.

As an aside I've just seen that another of their referees, Antony Dundas, has also resigned from the BDO. No idea what he will be doing in the future, but he will be another big loss to the BDO

https://twitter.com/AntonyDundas/status/...1262532609
Something must be going on here as I've just seen on facebook that another of the BDO referees has quit - Marco Maijer this time.