One80 Summer Launch 2019
I feel like I oughta consider the Vice lock or some other variation of the same thing as regular punch and rings isn't quite perfect as robin hoods still happen. Never know, that could be the one dart you need to put you on a finish in a big match.
I’m curious about the board. It sure looks the same as the regular gladiator 3 but I’d like to confirm. I’m about to buy a new board myself.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
The Ilagan's must have just been taken offline for some reason - maybe to amend the description or something - anyway they are now back if anyone wants to order them Smile
I'd like to get them but they're a bit overpriced...
nice looking new dart ranges. Gunners are look nice.
Anyone tried the vice lock system? they remind me of the l style champagne ring.
(10-16-2019, 11:50 PM)blink180 Wrote: nice looking new dart ranges. Gunners are look nice.
Anyone tried the vice lock system? they remind me of the l style champagne ring.

I have the vice lock system and I'm very happy with it. Much better than the whizlock, which makes too big holes for the caps. The vice lock caps are a little bit smaller and more lightweighted than the whizlock and the L-style champagne caps. They fit best on vice stems, mission carbon stems and unicorn gripper1 shafts.
The system prevents from RobinHoods and looks good. The punch makes perfect holes. Now and then the flights come loose (but don't pop off) when the impact on the dartboard is too heavy. Minimum of a rattle in this case...
Hope this helps  Smile
Thanks for the info on the vice lock. I prefer using some sort of cap system, currently using L-Style champagne flights on the Mission carbons, which is a very good combination. I used to use whizlocks too, but had more issues with them being loose on some shafts. If the vice caps are a little lighter that would be good too, as I prefer a shaft/flight combo thats as light as possible. The price low enough on these I'll give them a try! The one thing I did like about the whizlocks was being able to use pretty much any flight.
(10-17-2019, 01:15 PM)O C Wrote: Thanks for the info on the vice lock. I prefer using some sort of cap system, currently using L-Style champagne flights on the Mission carbons, which is a very good combination. I used to use whizlocks too, but had more issues with them being loose on some shafts. If the vice caps are a little lighter that would be good too, as I prefer a shaft/flight combo thats as light as possible. The price low enough on these I'll give them a try! The one thing I did like about the whizlocks was being able to use pretty much any flight.

They sound like a good idea and especially allow you to continue to use your favourite designed flights - like your for leaf clover or country flag etc.
Good to know that they are fitting on standard stems ok too. Looks like I will have to get some and try them out.
Nothing in the Winmau launch for me so ordered the Vicelock punch and caps. No darts in this order, that might be a first for me...
Received the vice lock punch and some caps. First impressions are good. As Rabe1 said they are smaller than whizlocks and the hole punched is a much better fit than the overly large whizlock hole. With any cap system one big question is how well do they fit over the end of the stem (snugly, without looseness/rattle)? The larger whizlocks don't fit on some of the fatter nylon stems, especially with thicker flights, and consequently tend to be loose and rattly. The vice locks are much smaller, but they actually seem to work well on a variety of stems, if the stems have a skinny top or have those little tips at the top like many poly/nylon stems have. They fit snug right over the end of the stem. I like them.
You would think I'd have ordered some vice lock shafts at the same time but I didn't, but have ordered a few today to try out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 Christmas Launch vanJupp 37 2,117 12-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Poidisb
  Unicorn Launch 2018/2019: All new product vanJupp 62 4,962 07-27-2018, 08:51 AM
Last Post: John_B