Nine Darter record Broken
Nine-Darter Record Broken

The record for nine-dart finishes hit in a calendar year in PDC events has been broken.

Veteran Andy Jenkins landed the 30th perfect leg of the year at Unicorn Challenge Tour Event Nine on Saturday, surpassing the 29 nine-darters hit in 2015 and 2018.

Michael van Gerwen, James Wade, Gerwyn Price and Steve Beaton are the four players to strike perfection on the European Tour, while 12 players have achieved the feat in Players Championship events.

Van Gerwen leads the way with three nine-darters so far this year, while Dave Chisnall, Ted Evetts, Geert Nentjes and Ritchie Edhouse all have two to their names.

Click here for a full list of all nine-dart finishes hit in PDC history listed by year.

The wait for a first televised nine-dart finish of 2019 goes on, with the Betfred World Matchplay offering the next chance for TV perfection.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/07/13/nine-...ord-broken
Wow 30 this year already thats impressive, still more time for a few more
Just checked and the list that is being updated on HERE which includes the opponents as well (in most cases - a couple of early ones not known) only shows 29 nine darters. After checking against the list it seems the PDC are including the 9 darter that Lourence Ilagan did on the Asia Tour a short while ago whereas I have not included it.
Sometimes the feeling of being very very inspired is accompanied by an equally deep sense of despair. I was ecstatic to hit a 19 darter in competition a few weeks ago.
(07-13-2019, 04:34 PM)Zero Wrote: Sometimes the feeling of being very very inspired is accompanied by an equally deep sense of despair. I was ecstatic to hit a 19 darter in competition a few weeks ago.

No worries Zero, it’s just another ‘notch’ you can cross off (like days on a calendar).
10 more notches and Your On The List  Smile

Interesting jump on the list from 07-08, went from 6 to 14 the following year and a steady incline from there. Wondering if this is due to more matches or just an increase in popularity and play.

Nine darters in my garage and basement name been steady over the last two years, zero and zero  Big Grin
Perhaps I need to invite Phil Taylor over to change this . Tongue

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 7

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
Started a leg with a 180 on Monday, got a few laughs when I said the nine darter is on, sadly that’s the closest I’ve gotten to the perfect leg of 501.
Amazing results this year. The closest I'll ever get to a nine darter is reading about it.
(07-13-2019, 06:31 PM)Easyrider Wrote: Started a leg with a 180 on Monday, got a few laughs when I said the nine darter is on, sadly that’s the closest I’ve gotten to the perfect leg of 501.

That was my best also until 2 days ago when I threw the 4th T20....that,of course, was followed by a S1 and a S20.....LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brendan Dolan's 5 ton+ finishes in a row - a record? @ 2018 Worlds Tamas Gyorgy 0 409 02-08-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Tamas Gyorgy
  Six Players Set To Maintain Ever-Present Record hamo 0 364 02-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Last Post: hamo