New dart board set-up
Some of you may have seen my recent post of moving from a cabinet to a surround. If not, it is in general darts chat, surround vs cabinet.

I removed the cabinet, remounted the board at the proper height and then put the surround on, at first I thought it looked really good but after a couple of days decided it could use some improvement.

After taking some measurements I bought some 3/4" plywood. cut a square 29" on each side, determined the middle of the square, bored a correct size hole in the middle that the screw on the back of the dart board would fit into, put the board on the plywood with the screw head in the hole, drew a line around the dart board, removed the dart board and then cut the dart board size circle out of the middle of the plywood. Cut to the outside of the line so there is ample space to rotate the board when needed.

Next, I used spray adhesive to glue green felt to the plywood, some trial and error is needed to get the corners right but but a little effort will make it look good. Lapped over felt I stapled to the back of the plywood.

So now we have a 29x29" piece of 3/4" plywood with a dart board size hole cut out of the exact center and covered in green felt. The dimensions of the plywood depend on the available space.

Next, I mounted the dart board on the wall in the correct position and then placed the green felt plywood on the dart board, leveled it up and screwed to the wall. I placed the screws where they would be covered by the surround after it was put on, that way all one sees is the green back board, the surround and the dart board without any mounting hardware.

Now I have the db in a green back board, add the red surround and the project is done. I used a red surround on a pool table green felt back board but color choice is up to the individual. 

The purpose of the hole in the plywood is to inset the dartboard so when the surround is added it is flush to the surface of the db as well as being seated all the way back.  Different brands of db's and surrounds may be of different thicknesses so that needs to be taken into account. I have a Winmaau db and surround, also in my case if I had a thicker felt I would have needed to use 5/8" pw in order for everything to be flush.

All in all I am very pleased with it, I think it is a very clean, professional looking set up.

Put your scoreboard wherever is the best place for your situation.

Well, hope this might be of use to some of you.
Have a good day.

Su Amigo Pecos
Sounds like you have made a very good job of it, 
well done and thanks for sharing with us.  Smile
Kevin a.k.a. "Sniper".  Moddarts
Pictures...We need pictures....LOL
(07-11-2019, 04:52 PM)Baloos Wrote: Pictures...We need pictures....LOL

Yes we do.
180's (2019) = 46
Highest checkout = 139
Current match darts - Unicorn JW Phase 1 Purist 22g
(07-13-2019, 01:48 PM)denrock316 Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 04:52 PM)Baloos Wrote: Pictures...We need pictures....LOL

Yes we do.

I would if I knew how, can someone advise and I will try.
(07-13-2019, 05:05 PM)PecosJoe Wrote: I would if I knew how, can someone advise and I will try.

Ah, posting pictures.  More than one way, but 4 - 6 in the Forum Guides are a good primer on using image sites like Imgur.

You can also attach pictures directly, but this method has some gotcha's.  See 10 and 11 in the Guides.  Depending on how you do it, 12 might come into play as well. Wink

No worries, do it a couple of times and it gets routine!

cheers...