Bulls repointing tool
Hey all!

I ended up splurging on the Bulls repointing tool.  I am pretty impressed.  It was easy to use and did a nice job on my Adrian Lewis gen 3 darts.  Really like the grip on these darts and I am noticing fewer deflections with the new firestorm points.  Was a bit pricey for the tool, but I think it is well built.  Expect it will last a long time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I’ve had one for a few years now and they’re definitely well built. But I only use it to push points in nowadays. Be careful when you remove points as it won’t take out Storm/Firestorm points... it will either buckle the machine or snap the point.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(07-10-2019, 11:47 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Wow, thanks for letting me know.  I'm surprised they don't have a different collar you could use for firestorm points, as they are getting pretty popular.  So to get those points out do you have to specifically buy the target re-pointer tool?
The Target or Designa style tool work... one that clamps the point and ‘pulls’ the barrel away.

The Bull’s tool, as well as rivet guns, clamp the point and ‘push’ the barrel away... except with a flanged point you’re clamping the point and pushing the point away (not the barrel) at the same time. Snap.

Normal points are fine, except the Bull’s tool can damage the nose of the barrel and scrape off coatings as you wind the barrel out.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(07-11-2019, 03:46 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks for the great info!  I ordered the designa.  I think it will complement the bulls re-point tool.  I told other people in my league that I would help with repoints and I would hate to damage someone’s darts.  Plus I do like the firestorm points and want to change them as needed.  I play in friend’s garages a lot.  There is always the bounce out on to a cement floor and it just jacks your points.  I have even gone to the extent of bringing my wife’s yoga mat and putting that down to try to save tips.  It’s all right.  She never misses itSmile
+1 for the Designa, which I bought simply for the price. However, I bet that Bulls looks great and feels a bit more pro!
Harrows Aura A2, 22g + Unicorn T95 XL, 23g.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New use for repointing tool Zero 2 139 10-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Zero
  Repointing RVB 95s...! Poidisb 7 322 10-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Poidisb
  Repointing tool ? Jimmyp 4 665 03-29-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Jimmyp
  Bulls Professional Repointing Tool phm14 7 1,167 12-05-2017, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Rivet tool brenthahn 11 4,362 09-20-2017, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Cat
  How to use a pop rivet tool? Nurio 10 1,948 07-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Which tool to setup a new board and oche? Danger Mouse 7 2,047 09-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Repointing tool Clint Coats 13 3,456 06-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85
  Combi Repointing Tool problems LorenzoParedes26scored 12 2,296 05-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish