2019 German Darts Masters
[Image: kH0C9kP.jpg]

2nd event in the World Series taking place in Cologne nest weekend - Friday and Saturday

2019 German Darts Masters
Draw Bracket

(1) Peter Wright v Robert Marijanovic
Gary Anderson v Nico Kurz
(4) Daryl Gurney v Christian Bunse
James Wade v Kevin Munch
(2) Michael van Gerwen v Martin Schindler
Mensur Suljovic v Maik Langendorf
(3) Rob Cross v Max Hopp
Raymond van Barneveld v Gabriel Clemens

Schedule of Play
Friday July 12 (2000 start local time)
First Round

James Wade v Kevin Munch
Gary Anderson v Nico Kurz
Daryl Gurney v Christian Bunse
Peter Wright v Robert Marijanovic
Raymond van Barneveld v Gabriel Clemens
Mensur Suljovic v Maik Langendorf
Michael van Gerwen v Martin Schindler
Rob Cross v Max Hopp
All games best of 11 legs

Saturday July 13 (2000 start local time)
Quarter-Finals

Wright/Marijanovic v Anderson/Kurz
Gurney/Bunse v Wade/Munch
Van Gerwen/Schindler v Suljovic/Langendorf
Cross/Hopp v Van Barneveld/Clemens
Semi-Finals
Wright/Marijanovic/Anderson/Kurz v Gurney/Bunse/Wade/Munch
Van Gerwen/Schindler/Suljovic/Langendorf v Cross/Hopp/Van Barneveld/Clemens
Final
v
All games best of 15 legs
The order of play is now in the first post
As was proven in Vegas, having a full session of first to 8's is a long old slog, especially when you've got Warriner and especially Mason chatting a lot of garble in between. Five and a half hours is an awful long time to watch darts, especially when only half of that was actually spent playing darts. An afternoon session of first to 8's and then an evening session where the semi's are first to 9/10 and final is first to 10/11/12 sounds like a better way to go. Maybe they'll do that in Oceania but that QF, SF and Final session at Vegas was a farce
(07-09-2019, 03:54 PM)SamCarter501 Wrote: As was proven in Vegas, having a full session of first to 8's is a long old slog, especially when you've got Warriner and especially Mason chatting a lot of garble in between. Five and a half hours is an awful long time to watch darts, especially when only half of that was actually spent playing darts. An afternoon session of first to 8's and then an evening session where the semi's are first to 9/10 and final is first to 10/11/12 sounds like a better way to go. Maybe they'll do that in Oceania but that QF, SF and Final session at Vegas was a farce

Every WS event is only 2 days this year, so I think the format will be pretty much the same. I liked the previous years' schedule more as well, not that it really matters too much. The Vegas event was now broadcast live in the UK so I guess ITV wants everything live in prime TV time, and that's why they scrapped the afternoon sessions.
Man, Schindler and Hopp are in deep from the very start with MVG and Cross respectively.

I'm saying now that Clemens takes out Barney.
gumbo2176
Yeah I agree. Clemens is even money with the bookies, Van Barneveld 19/20.
I really dislike ITV coverage. First of all I find that they do a bit too much patting themselves on the back, "what a treat we've got for you" "we're really spoiling you" etc etc nauseating.

Secondly and most importantly, though not as much of a problem for World Series (though even here as noted above the schedule is quite compact) but more so for the bigger events they ahve towards the end of the year in the Euro and players Championships, I feel like if they are going to be given the rights to them they should be forced to commit more air time to them. For majors, i think it's ridiculous the amount of games that are shown on main coverage is so few. If they can or are only willing to commit to 2-3 days of coverage they simply shouldn't be awarded majors.

The same has been true for the UK Open once into the latter stages, say last 32 or minimum last 16 onwards more games should be on main stage and televised. Though I think 2019 was the last year ITV have the UK Open?

And let's not start on their selection of televised games in the likes of the Euro's and Players....

Here in Sweden we had different coverage for last week's World Series, some guy hosting with rod Harrington on stage and then Dan Dawson, Stu Pyke and Dawson Murschell on commentary. Hopefully it's the same type of setup this week and the rest, the less of Chris Mason and John Rawling the better.
I may be too ‘daft’ to understand how the players are chosen for this event, but how does Barney get an invite and I don’t see Ian White in the mix?

What am I missing here?

Just wondering,

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 7

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
Not daft at all. Basically the top 4 ranked players are automatic for all of them and then they choose the other four PDC players. 

People don't agree with the Barney selections and if I were in charge I wouldn't select him but I still see where they are coming from considering these are non-ranked events so are effectively as close to competitive exhibitions as you can get.

The only thing I would say to be fair to the PDC is if you compare it to something like snooker and there was an exhibition coming to your area, would people rather go and see Jimmy White or Barry Hawkins? Other than relatives of Hawkins everybody would rather see Jimmy White and even though he's dropped off considerably Barney is a hell of a lot more competitive than Jimmy White is. Hawkins is a top 10 player just as Ian White is but again even if you were asking prospective promoters or sponsors, "I can bring you Hawkins or Jimmy White" they will nearly all say "White please".
So, people don't want to see White, they want to see White... Magic :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dafabet North American Championship/US Darts Masters 2019 Christian Nygaard 88 2,014 07-09-2019, 10:57 AM
Last Post: SamCarter501
  2019 Czech Darts Open mc1958 79 1,520 07-02-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: JB_Fraser
  2019 Danish Darts Open mc1958 48 975 06-17-2019, 12:30 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  2019 World Cup of Darts mc1958 134 4,627 06-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Luca82cb
  2019 Dutch Darts Masters (ET 7) nixer55 94 1,884 05-30-2019, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bk123456
  2019 European Darts grand Prix mc1958 57 1,295 05-14-2019, 07:33 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  2019 Austrian Darts Open mc1958 47 1,046 05-06-2019, 07:56 AM