Finders Darts Masters scrapped - What to do with the BDO?
If you woke up tomorrow and were in charge what would you do with it? I've always wondered if it could be incorporated into the PDC and replace the challenge tour or something similar.

If not that then I think they'd be best served by coming out and canceling/downsizing any big events outside of lakeside and focusing all their energies on making that as impressive as possible going from there. This is a complete outsiders thoughts though, I don't have any idea of what they're trying to achieve/what their mission statement is etc.

At the moment it seems like its dying a slow death and drifting in to obscurity.
It's not actually a BDO event, it is organised by the NDB, but it is another big loss to the BDO/WDF players. Real shame it has gone as I always enjoyed watching it on the stream, even though I couldn't understand any of the comms.

As for incorporating the BDO into the PDC, that ain't going to happen - Hearn already offered to buy the BDO years ago and he has since said the offer won't be there again.
(07-05-2019, 06:59 AM)mc1958 Wrote: It's not actually a BDO event, it is organised by the NDB, but it is another big loss to the BDO/WDF players.  Real shame it has gone as I always enjoyed watching it on the stream, even though I couldn't understand any of the comms.

As for incorporating the BDO into the PDC, that ain't going to happen - Hearn already offered to buy the BDO years ago and he has since said the offer won't be there again.

I don't even know that it would be a case of selling it, rather just handing it over to keep it alive and relevant into the future.
He wouldn't take it - yes players still move over from one to the other via QSchool in January, but Hearn already has a proper growth structure in place for his side of the game with the various tours - JDC to Development to Challenge to Pro. He has zero need to take on any added responsibilities such as the BICC and super leagues and all the additional players they cater for.
I also think Hearn has zero need for the BDO. Most of their big events either get cancelled or lose money. It would be too much work to do anything with them, with little return. The few remaining capable players who could still make it in the PDC, can go to Q-School like anyone else. And he definitely doesn't want to run the opens or grassroots darts. The PDC is not prepared for that and would gain very little.
Why was it scrapped?
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

The Dutch couldn't find a new sponsor for it
All things come to an end. I would say make the BDO the official minor league/development tour for the PDC, but the PDC already has those sorts of things in place. End of the line, I think. Maybe have a small legends league on the side for the old guys, that I'd like to see. Darts isn't big enough for two leagues, not when the PDC outclasses the BDO so heavily. PDC could move an event to Lakeside
(07-05-2019, 01:54 PM)codo180 Wrote: All things come to an end. I would say make the BDO the official minor league/development tour for the PDC, but the PDC already has those sorts of things in place. End of the line, I think. Maybe have a small legends league on the side for the old guys, that I'd like to see. Darts isn't big enough for two leagues, not when the PDC outclasses the BDO so heavily. PDC could move an event to Lakeside

And what happens to the thousands of players who play super league and county that the BDO run, plus all the other events on the tour in the UK and overseas that a lot of those players go to?
(07-05-2019, 02:03 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 01:54 PM)codo180 Wrote: All things come to an end. I would say make the BDO the official minor league/development tour for the PDC, but the PDC already has those sorts of things in place. End of the line, I think. Maybe have a small legends league on the side for the old guys, that I'd like to see. Darts isn't big enough for two leagues, not when the PDC outclasses the BDO so heavily. PDC could move an event to Lakeside

And what happens to the thousands of players who play super league and county that the BDO run, plus all the other events on the tour in the UK and overseas that a lot of those players go to?

Do the BDO run it or local volunteers?
Mack The Knife

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 Finder Darts Masters mc1958 32 2,401 12-10-2018, 12:24 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Finder Darts Masters 2017 mc1958 49 6,359 12-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Denis Sobolev
  HAL Open Darts and HAL Masters 2017 mc1958 5 1,364 03-19-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Finder Darts Masters 2016 Great White North 34 4,393 12-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Last Post: joeriw96