Classic games
Anybody watch any of the old games on YouTube. Watched Keith Della Vs Eric Bristow last night and have watched a few classic games involving Lewis Taylor and Barney
There's plenty of games up on YouTube if ya have a few hours to spare
Any other great games I should check out???

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
Hankey vs Whitlock at the grandslam is one that seems to come up quite a bit
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Jockey Wilson v Dave Whitcombe in World Championship semi final. Bristow v Lowe 85 World Final
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I like to watch some of the old matches and see how much darts, especially on the pro level has changed. Bristow on stage with the cigarette between his fingers on his off hand. Pints lining the players table. Many in the crowd dressed in coat and tie instead of Mardi Gras costumes and no yelling. whistling, singing as the players are on the oche------------or anywhere else for that matter.

The old heavy wire boards with about 100 staples holding the spider on. Ah, the good old days. LOL
gumbo2176
I just finished watching Waites vs. Wade at the Grandslam final. That was one amazing comeback from Scotty Too Hotty.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
The 180 fest that was Taylor vs Lewis at the GSOD 2013
Lowe vs Taylor matchplay 2002
Taylor vs Bristow WC 97
Hankey 180 fest vs Mason 2000 WC
Hankey show vs Whitlock 2013
Anderson vs Lowe WC 88
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Just watched Lowe v Anderson, great final. Noticed Johns darts were in up to the barrel, soft board or short points?
The board still looked good after the match too unlike the Unicorns used now and how they hit so many 140’s with the smaller segments shows their skill even 30+ years ago!
p[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(07-03-2019, 10:35 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
In Darts the John Lowe Way "Old Stoneface" chats about using shorter points back in the day Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile .

IIRC John moved to a longer point in the late 90's early 2000's.  See them Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile  in the semi of the 2002 Matchplay against Taylor.
Surprises me when this topic comes up that the 92 Worlds final match between Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile isn't posted quickly.  Absolute classic IMHO. Smile
This one is great if you have a good sound system. And I dont mean one of those "1000 watt" cracker jack boxes with the built in dvd player, I mean real speakers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINZkgRN-Sw

Of course, its a great match anyway
(07-03-2019, 02:27 PM)codo180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Funny watching early MVG with spikey hair and thin frame.    Lost all that hair and gained all that weight over the past 12 years---along with titles and LOTS of money.
gumbo2176
Funny that people always mention the weight. He is not as skinny but he is not peter manley or anything

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  classic matches jamie373 7 2,049 04-30-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Joshtin Pipe