Hankey & Lowe eyeing comebacks?
I can see Lowe making more of a comeback than Hankey. Lowe is a legitimate player and a damn good one in his day. Does he still have the drive and talent to pull it off, who knows?

As for Hankey, I love his smooth throwing motion, but that is about it as far as me liking him. He comes across as an older version of Paul Nicholson who tried the "Bad Boy" thing and got smacked down for it by players showing him the door more so than him advancing----------and the same with Hankey from what I've seen of him on tour. He's usually one or two matches and done.
gumbo2176
All I can remember of Hankey is a very big gentleman, in a black shirt unbuttoned to the navel, sweating like a pig under the stage lights. Wasn't it once thought he was drunk during a match but it turned out he actually had a stroke?

Lowe is a hero of mine and I'm sure he can raise his standard to compete, but what will he bring to the game - an old bloke playing good darts?
[Image: 5GPKrWp.png]

B: 22g   S: Medium   F: No.6   180s: 1/25
He'll bring inspiration jt!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Don't see Hankey making any big moves to be honest.He's still playing the BDO circuit (or was last season) and isnt ripping up tree's there - has the odd good day here and there but unfortunately they seem to be a bit few and far between.

I last saw him at the I.O.M Open and to be truthful he didnt look a well man (could have been a bad weekend I guess). Was still nice to have a warm up on the same oche as him and get to see the throw up close though without the antics Lol
[Image: oz1OCc3.jpg]
Wee interview with Ted Hankey, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi9n9Rg_5Cg

Good to see Ted looking a lot healthier. Smile
I think the biggest obstacle for any "old" guy making a comeback attempt will be nerves. Just like golfers who lose their touch around the greens. The very slightest twitch will ruin what appears to be a good throw. But you guys know this. I'd be shocked to see any retired pro make a successful comeback.
Liberal heathen
The only pro I think would still have any chance on making inroads at the oche would be recently retired Phil Taylor. He hasn't been away that long and knows all the current top players well since he's played against them and his game was good enough to make the finals of the Worlds before hanging them up.
gumbo2176
I’d love to see Ted doing something, he was a properly good player
These comebacks have nostalgic values. I'm glad they represent players which have great personalities. Old Stoneface and The Count show your skills!
Can we please all enmasse email Lowe etc and tell them to do this!

Life is precious and we should be consigned to finished because the cake has too Mny candles.

If that's the case put us all down at 70!

The day I stop believing is I hope my last day!!!

Please follow my blog:

Any news on this?

Please follow my blog:

(06-18-2019, 04:52 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Would like to see both try.

Yea me too,  would be interesting to see if they could compete at that level again,,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]
Well over the weekend Hankey was at Selsey - his results were

Pentathlon - 14th out of 20

England Masters - he had a bye in round 1 then lost in round 2 to someone called Anoop Ramdajal

England Classic - looks like he got a bye and a no show in rounds 1 and 2, then beat Justin Thompson and Kurtis Atkins before losing to Jason Askew in the last 32 (round 5)
Hankey game looks to have gone to the point whereby even though he's about 25 yrs older I'd fancy Lowe at this point

Cheers for the update Mc.

Such a shame as love watching Hankey

Please follow my blog:

(09-09-2019, 12:25 PM)Bounce Out Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 04:52 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Would like to see both try.

Yea me too,  would be interesting to see if they could compete at that level again,,

They can reach that standard they had ,but issue here is that standard  isn`t enough anymore  .I can see Lowe averaging 90-95 ,but not 100+ that is required nowadays  . PDC should just make Seniors WC (age limit 50+)winner gets a place at Pallys prelims
180-0(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]