Feeling the love again
I am kinda mentally going through this right now.  I am playing poorly and am having the mental struggle of do I play through it or take a break for a month.  My issue is that I love playing, but hate the play right now and that I do not have anybody to watch me and tell me the error in my ways.  I know most of it is mental as I know I am a better player and am striving to get to the next level.  The other side is that I am trying different darts right now and am not sure if it is the dart or the throw.
I had a rough year so far with my game so I know how you feel. Heck, I posted my meltdown all on here and some other facebook groups so I'm probably on some bad books of some members.

Take it slow, 'cause we all are facing tough times in darts. Just as long we can pull through with a smile, that's the most important.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
(06-14-2019, 04:39 PM)F4tboy Wrote: Often the most overlooked part of the whole game is making sure you have fun.

If you are having fun the rest just follows.

Glad you are enjoying darts again (It is a fun but sometimes frustrating game!)

Glad your up and running again, I had a break a while back to re ignite my love of the game and it worked for me,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]
(06-16-2019, 09:28 AM)Bounce Out Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 04:39 PM)F4tboy Wrote: Often the most overlooked part of the whole game is making sure you have fun.

Glad your up and running again, I had a break a while back to re ignite my love of the game and it worked for me,

That's great to hear. Other than the break, what else helped you bring that passion back?

Thanks for the post I think most people go through highs and lows. Be good to hear what people say they do to overcome theirs. I enjoy darts so my low wasn't exactly giving up but moving to soft tip darts. I found the different game and way to attack the dartboard a breath of fresh air.
(06-16-2019, 09:53 AM)LethalEagle Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 09:28 AM)Bounce Out Wrote:

That's great to hear. Other than the break, what else helped you bring that passion back?

Not sure if that was a question to me but I will answer.

The break really helped me, gave up league darts completely for about 1.5 - 2 years. (Had no interest in playing)

Just threw at my mates house for fun occasionally. (Averages were appalling and he battered me most weeks)

Went out when he played league darts and enjoyed the social side of the evening. (I did not play)

As I became more relaxed my throw started to return and I got my confidence back (This game is 90% mental)

Got asked to play in the Summer pub league for my mates team, agreed and was surpised at how nervous I was.

But, it was fun and I enjoyed the social side of the evening as well as the darts (Tried not to put pressure on myself to win)

Think we came runners up in the Summer league and got asked if I would play in the Winter league, and agreed.

Again it was a fun league and we won everything (Apart from the doubles comp where I missed D10 three times for the title!)

My game has nearly returned, it does not matter who my opponent is, I only play the board. (No nerves at all now, as it used to be)

I occasionally struggle and then just try to make sure my throw is consistant and dont beat myself up unnecessarily.

I win some, I lose some, its all good and I am having fun.

I am enjoying the challenge again, have started playing Superleague and have made some great new friends.

Basically, relax, enjoy the night out, make new friends, have fun and dont beat yourself up too much if you lose.
Back playing and having fun!

2018:-   180`s:-6 Shy ,   High Finish:-141 (T20, T19, D12)  Big Grin
I know the feeling, Carpy. Glad you were able to work through your issues and get back into the game.
(06-16-2019, 08:25 PM)F4tboy Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 09:53 AM)LethalEagle Wrote:
(06-16-2019, 09:28 AM)Bounce Out Wrote:

Not sure if that was a question to me but I will answer.

The break really helped me, gave up league darts completely for about 1.5 - 2 years. (Had no interest in playing)

Just threw at my mates house for fun occasionally. (Averages were appalling and he battered me most weeks)

Went out when he played league darts and enjoyed the social side of the evening. (I did not play)

As I became more relaxed my throw started to return and I got my confidence back (This game is 90% mental)

Got asked to play in the Summer pub league for my mates team, agreed and was surpised at how nervous I was.

But, it was fun and I enjoyed the social side of the evening as well as the darts (Tried not to put pressure on myself to win)

Think we came runners up in the Summer league and got asked if I would play in the Winter league, and agreed.

Again it was a fun league and we won everything (Apart from the doubles comp where I missed D10 three times for the title!)

My game has nearly returned, it does not matter who my opponent is, I only play the board. (No nerves at all now, as it used to be)

I occasionally struggle and then just try to make sure my throw is consistant and dont beat myself up unnecessarily.

I win some, I lose some, its all good and I am having fun.

I am enjoying the challenge again, have started playing Superleague and have made some great new friends.

Basically, relax, enjoy the night out, make new friends, have fun and dont beat yourself up too much if you lose.
Fantastic. I'm still in the midst of finding myself again. My avgs are nowhere near what I can achieve but its an improvement from what my season has been so far.

I'm just trying to enjoy what I can with the game again. I was too competitive over the last year and after winning a league, the pressure was there. I felt as if everyone had a target on my back as they all want to beat me, only for me to lose my cool and at times beat the board up like I'm Colin Lloyd.

Seeing you guys being able to bounce back from such a slump gives me hope at least. I had some major meltdowns here on the forum and at my games, and basically it dawned on me that I'm thinking too much, and not having the same love with the game as I use to, along with being overly paranoid.

Thanks guys for being an inspiration for this anxious kid.

Welcome back and best wishes with how it goes from here. I had a similar bad time a few years ago when my shooting averages just dropped radically and stayed low. I couldn’t hit anything and all my efforts to pull out of it had no effect. I took half a year off and when I started back in, I evolved into very different darts (considerably lighter and heavily front-tapered). After I got in sync with the new darts, my shooting jumped back up to it’s previous only-very-slightly-better-than-mediocre range. I’m now shooting those new darts for >4 years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best finish to date... feeling that I’m improving Ed180 13 287 09-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Falling out of love with the game Matt.1994 13 550 03-26-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  I love gooooold theblindPew 39 4,080 01-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Eki
  Worst feeling setup you've thrown . Rolaball 32 2,589 02-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Adams
  I love/hate darts! ranger86 9 1,071 12-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  OH...WHAT A FEELING!! Dorian 11 1,454 12-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: mc1958
Rainbow Love for the game Gazzabnorthern 12 979 07-26-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: jonesy
  Love The Darts - Issue 1 philliesricky 34 5,186 07-19-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Dart_Vader
  Bad sportsmanship or just feeling ill Gra2102 8 1,193 02-26-2017, 06:45 PM
Last Post: TrebleTroubles
  Target Diamond/Laser cut points....I LOVE them. Regulatori 12 6,412 06-04-2015, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Lord Strange