League Playoffs Tonight
Off to league play. Trying to sort of I should play with my old darts that I've not been practicing with, or the ones I've been throwing all season. Its first round of finals, and I usually throw better with the old set.
Darts:
- 2019 Unicorn T90 26 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Target Pro Grip Spinner Short (20mm barrel to flight) stems, Pentathlon punched standard flights, and Target Titanium Pro Grip Rings
- Hammerhead Smooth 20 gram barrels, with Roto Hammer points, alloy extra-short stems, and Pentathlon 150 micron standard flights
- 1991 Unicorn T90 20 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Cosmo Fit Shaft GEAR SLIM Spinning #3 stems (24mm Fit Shaft GEAR), and Fit Flight Standard flights
There’s no music in a piano my friend. Good luck!
If you throw better with the old set ....that's the way I would go.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

You know, my first response was somewhat pithy, if true. I will add this: darts is a mental game. After you have your mechanical issues ironed out it is all about confidence. So while it is true that darts are more or less interchangeable, if you believe that you will throw better with one set than another then you probably will. Not because one set of darts is better, but because you believe it. Either way you go tonight, good luck and have fun. My team didn’t make it Smile
(06-13-2019, 01:39 AM)Zeeple Wrote: You know, my first response was somewhat pithy, if true. I will add this:  darts is a mental game. After you have your mechanical issues ironed out it is all about confidence. So while it is true that darts are more or less interchangeable, if you believe that you will throw better with one set than another then you probably will. Not because one set of darts is better, but because you believe it. Either way you go tonight, good luck and have fun. My team didn’t make it Smile
I think I've sorted the mechanical part of my grip, chickadee, throw, and release (and boy hasas than changed a lot in twenty odd years), and now I think its just down to keeping my head in the game, and starting focused.
Darts:
- 2019 Unicorn T90 26 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Target Pro Grip Spinner Short (20mm barrel to flight) stems, Pentathlon punched standard flights, and Target Titanium Pro Grip Rings
- Hammerhead Smooth 20 gram barrels, with Roto Hammer points, alloy extra-short stems, and Pentathlon 150 micron standard flights
- 1991 Unicorn T90 20 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Cosmo Fit Shaft GEAR SLIM Spinning #3 stems (24mm Fit Shaft GEAR), and Fit Flight Standard flights
Sorted. Chalked up three wins tonight. Played the new darts. Figured I should put them right with me, and have done. Of course, I banged out much better after the match in a friendly with my team.
Darts:
Congrats, but did your team win? Your post doesn't really say.
(06-13-2019, 09:22 AM)bkbum Wrote: Congrats, but did your team win? Your post doesn't really say.

Handily! It was some good comeuppance too. They beat us last season in the finals with some very questionable gamesmanship that left our team with a very bitter taste in our mouth.
Darts:
Please do tell. I know all those guys on the team you beat and they have always been swell stand up guys. One of them was even on the board with me for a while and we did a lot of good work for the league together. I am curious about whatever gamesmanship they were engaging in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decent couple of legs in the league tonight..... Doubledouble 3 307 11-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Doubledouble
  Tonight’s premier league bets Cooper84 0 218 05-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Cooper84
  Premier league darts on sky sports mix tonight TJD180 3 344 04-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  First league game tonight The Niner 12 825 01-24-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Shed inn
  Who will win tonight?! JayKay 29 1,550 01-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Last Post: TheCrane180
  Crowd were a disgrace tonight... Doubledouble 41 3,890 01-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Meeting the locals tonight . Beanerds 8 61,062 08-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Beanerds
  Two Dart documentarys on BBC4 tonight 15th Dec Paul 180 16 2,868 01-14-2017, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Red'75™