Hi
My name is Arthur and I’m a 40 something Aussie living in Perth, Australia. I’ve been lurking on these forums longer than I have been playing, lol, but today I decided to join this fantastic community.

My first game of darts was about 15 years ago, in my mid 20’s when I was playing competitive cricket at club level. Every now and again when we’d end up down at the pub after a game, a few of us would play some pool and darts. I enjoyed the game but never got any further with it until early this year when I started to watch the PDC matches and it wasn’t long before I got hooked.

I’m now a proud owner of a nice Harrows Matchplay dartboard and 2 sets of darts, Harrows Predator 24gm and Harrows Oracle 22gm. Both of these darts I purchased after watching and reading the reviews on here. After throwing these 2 sets for around 4 weeks I found that I not only prefer the 22gm weight but also find the Oracle grip less grippy and more natural than the Predator one, something I prefer. In saying that, as nice as the Oracle feels I’m still not totally happy with the grip and today I spent sometime looking for another set to add to my collection, one that’s preferably less grippy. I was looking at darts from Target, mainly the Agora Verde and the Carrera Azzurri Cortex range but both of these looked like they are just as grippy if not more than the Oracle so then I stumbled on the Dave Chizzy Chisnall range, in particular the 22gm Gold darts which on visual inspection of the grip in the photo it looks like this might be the type of grip I will really like. And if not, this set looks stunning so at the very least I’ll have another set to display lol.

As far as my throwing style goes....well.....that’s work in progress. I’m a middle gripper I know that for sure but at the moment I’m still trying to find consistency with not only gripping the darts in the same place but also, and that’s a massive issue for me at the moment, maintaining smooth and consistent throwing action. In saying that I have already become very consistent in hitting triple 1’s. In fact I’m so consistent that I can move a foot or two to the left or right of centre and still regularly find the triple 1’s lol.

Anyway, enough dribble from me. The journey of learning to play and dart collecting has well and truly began and I look forward to pickling up knowledge and tips from all you dartnutz here Smile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum
Hi Arthur and welcome aboard Smile
really nice meeting you and your intro was a good read as well. Good luck with the Chizzy's I think you will like them.
Welcome to the forum Arthur!  Nice intro. Smile

cheers....
Welcome!
[Image: i6coee.jpg]
bigwelcome
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Hello and welcome.
Welcome to the forum.  [Image: smile.gif]
Kevin a.k.a. "Sniper".  Moddarts
Thanks everyone for the welcome Smile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk