Darts at Riley's
Hey guys,
I've been yesterday at Riley's to look how does that look inside. But to be honest, I did not really understood for what I have to pay. So my question is: Can I play darts at Riley's for free or not?
2019 171s: 2
2019 180s: 7
2019 highest checkout: 151
2019 best leg: 18 darts

It's Ally Pally about the Darts, guys!  Moddarts Moddarts 
Yes, I'm not sure if it varies from venue to venue but I've played at 3 and darts has always been free, just pay for pool and snooker. You could send them a quick message to check.
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
You pay a fee to use the board. If I remember rightly, you pay for the first full hour, then 15 minute increments.

We're not used to paying to play darts in the UK but I've seen it elsewhere.

Hopefully, what you get for your money is a decent board with good lighting etc.
(06-11-2019, 09:43 AM)Chappers Wrote: Yes, I'm not sure if it varies from venue to venue but I've played at 3 and darts has always been free, just pay for pool and snooker. You could send them a quick message to check.

Looks like I'm wrong. Our Riley's closed some time ago. I think we used to have to pay.
It would make sense cuz I could have been there for about an hour and no one from the staff told me anything. So...seems I'll just ask today and give you an echo.

I go every few weeks for a change of scenery with my mate and it's free, usually spend 3-4 hours a time there.

Funnily enough we always stay long enough for the 3 for 2 pints deal in the afternoon ;-)
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
Target Pro Grip Black Short Shafts
Target Pro 100 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 80
2018: 27

Finally found that out. They've got written on a plate that it's free for people who buy sth to drink or eat. But it seems no one takes it seriously there.

Depends which one. The one in Victoria you have to pay but if you are a member of the IDL ( individual darts league) which is great you can practice for free and your league games are free
Darts used-25g Bristow red ring argos specials
Shafts used- Unicorn maestro medium 
Flights used- slim flights
My local Rileys in Grays, Essex has 4 boards all free
p[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(06-12-2019, 06:28 PM)jbizzle Wrote: Depends which one. The one in Victoria you have to pay but if you are a member of the IDL ( individual darts league) which is great you can practice for free and your league games are free

Do you know how much it is to play mate? I'll be working around Victoria for the next few months and was either looking at flight club or the Riley's, hope it's not to expensive as that would shorten the amount of times I could go after work.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
(06-13-2019, 09:31 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 06:28 PM)jbizzle Wrote: Depends which one. The one in Victoria you have to pay but if you are a member of the IDL ( individual darts league) which is great you can practice for free and your league games are free

Do you know how much it is to play mate? I'll be working around Victoria for the next few months and was either looking at flight club or the Riley's, hope it's not to expensive as that would shorten the amount of times I could go after work.

Please not Flight Club, that's a place for non-darts players to go and pay £30 an hour to play darts badly for a team building event
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
(06-13-2019, 10:39 AM)Chappers Wrote:

Please not Flight Club, that's a place for non-darts players to go and pay £30 an hour to play darts badly for a team building event

Lol, thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll be avoiding that place like the plaque then!  Riley's it is for me then!
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
(06-13-2019, 10:56 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 10:39 AM)Chappers Wrote:

Lol, thanks for the heads up, looks like I'll be avoiding that place like the plaque then!  Riley's it is for me then!

Yep, I'd definitely go for Rileys, I don't think you can turn up and play at Flight club, unless there happens to be a few others in the same situation, you also can't use your own darts.

I remember someone on here mentioning they were playing somewhere near Victoria, I'll try and remember where!
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
I think it’s £10
Darts used-25g Bristow red ring argos specials
Shafts used- Unicorn maestro medium 
Flights used- slim flights
Even a £10 is expensive, I understand they have over heads too pay for, boards need replacing more regularly with all the grippy points people use, staff wages etc. But £10 a time with a few drinks each time makes it a bit of an expense.
Twice a week for a few hours after work takes that too £80 minimum.
Shame I'll go and try it ,but don't think I'll be going as much as I thought.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights